Rainfall Error during significant rain events

For the second time this month I’ve noticed WD for Linux (latest patch of build 295) overstating the rainfall by 0.4mm. This may not sound a lot but over the course of a year it adds up to a significant error. The error only occurs during days with periods of moderate or heavy rain, not when there is just a passing shower or two.

So I tried selecting the option in Davis Station setup which says: “Use totals from console”.

That eliminates the error but unfortunately the setting isn’t saved at exit, so when the daily restart occurs at around 3am, this setting reverts to using WD’s own rain totals.

Would it be possible for this to be fixed?

We have moderate rain again today and WD is showing the same 0.4mm error - always higher than the real value. Each time I reselect ‘Use totals from console’ it sets the rainfall for that day to 0 in the daily totals so my 7-day rain chart in WDL gets messed up. Yesterday’s total on the ‘Rain Chart’ screen is also 0 when it shouldn’t be.

If WD could simply remember the setting for ‘Use totals from console’ this problem could be solved.

I will fix that setting the next time I update the linux version
your patience is apprecated