Bad news

Yesterday my low battery status showed up for my Davis vantage, :frowning: it has only been in there for 8 years, :frowning: the date on the battery says March 2019 still had one & a bit years to go,I wonder if I can get a refund. :lol: :lol: I was just wondering how long do these batteries last for has anyone had one that has lasted more than 8 years.

teal.

I replace my batteries every 2 years. Environmental conditions has a huge effect on the longevity of batteries. Personally I’d be happy with a battery that lasts 8 years.

I did buy a new battery about 2 years after I got the station but I never got round to fitting it, I looked for it today but cannot find it anywhere. I could only find a packet with two batteries in it in Tesco’s today, that means that I have one spare but will I be able to find it it in 6/7 years time I don’t think so. :lol: :lol:

teal.

I replace mine every year. Our temps make that necessary (122

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 08.54.49.jpg

Oddly enough this happened to my Vantage Pro2 about 3 weeks ago - mine had survived 6 years :smiley: so by all accounts we’ve done pretty well !!

Should have started a poll. :smiley:

teal.

I try to remember to replace mine every year :lol: