Wxsim suite on auto-pilot needs help

Hello,

For many years I have sucessfully auto run the Wxsim suite and posted the results to my Weather Web Site. On January 22, 2018, something blew up several of my computers and I have not been able to restore all of the jumble. I need help please.

The following was/is my scheduled runs and the results. Every day at 00:33, autolearn.exe is run. Every day at 02:04, wxsimlite.exe (analysis) is called but rather than running, throws a “Run-time error ‘62’: Input past end of file” and does not run.

The following three programs are run with the following results: wxsimate.exe at 04:03 (Finished properly); wxsimlite.exe (forecast) at 04:08 (Failed to run and displayed “Run-time error ‘62’: Input past end of file”); wxsim.exe at 04:10 (Finished but displayed error message attached.) This series of programs is run every 3 hours with the same results.

George Richardson
(Hope the attachment works.)

Can anyone point me to clearing the error 62?

01802021648.jpg

Hi George,

Every time after a power loss or pc crash it is difficult to get wxsimlite running stable again.
In my case I had it last weekend and it was a disaster to get wxsimlite running again without errors.
I use Weather Display (WD) so that is different to your case because I think you use Cumulus?

After a crash using WD, first thing is to investigate your logfile. (x2018lg.txt, (x=month))
After repairing the logfile sometimes still you have errors.
I think Cumulus must have a kind of logfile which is used by WXSIM.
When you have exactly the date and time of the crash it helps to move the WXF files with that date and time to a temporary folder.
You can try a testrun from wxsimlite to check if you repaired it. Sometimes it is possible to see where wxsimlite stops.
Then remove that WXF file to the temp folder and try again. When this not solve it, place them back to the original folder.
When that is not working, try to move some gfsdat files from the wxsimlitedata folder with or around the date of the crash and try again.
To do a fast test with wxsimlite analyse run, tick off in wxsimlite “include last year”. Then it don`t take lots of time to test it.

In this way I managed to restore this several times. But it is frustrating and taking some time.
I mailed Tom some of my corrupted files so hopefully he can find something to make this easier to resolve.

May be this helps?

Brgds,
Oebel

Oebel,
Thanks for the hints. I think I have looked at Wxsim and Cumulus data files around the suspect date and have found nothing. Can you give me a hint of what I might be looking for? A blank line; improper characters; anything.
Thanks for your interest.
George

Hi George,

I see in the WD logfile sometimes many days double. Or lines are corrupted.
It is not possible to open the WXF files. So you have to try which ones causes trouble.
Same with gfsdat files. Try to remove some around the date or time of the crash.
It takes time to find it.

Good luck.

Brgds,
Oebel

If you have a suspect log file, feel free to send it to me. I can probably find it pretty quickly if you tell me the suspect date. Thsi happens mainly in Weather Display, when there’s a power interruption.