How can I fix corrupted max/min pressure range on Barometer?

Greetings!

I am running SteelSeries gauges 2.6.1 with WD. The barometer gauge display has corrupted range settings - it is currently showing a minimum of -999.5 inHG and a max of 0.5 with the result that the entire gauge display is red and the analog pointer is pinned full clockwise. The digital display is showing a correct (normal) value. I found an FAQ that states the range for the barometer display is set to the all time max/min, but I can’t find any information on how to do a reset. Does anyone know where the all time min/max settings are stored and how to reset them to normal? Thank you!

you could try resetting /setting the all time barometer reading in WD (see under action)

I’m actually running consolewd on a Raspberry which, as far as I can see, has no provision for resetting the all time barometer data. It looks like Steel Gauges is maintaining the max/min internally on the web server. As a test I tried copying all clientraw and customclientraw files to the active folder from a backup that was made before the problem and that didn’t fix the barometer display, so I don’t think the max/min values are coming from consolewd. The problem has remained for several days now, so it doesn’t look like it will reset automatically overnight.

The values are coming from WD, the scripts don’t cache values.

try running your clientraw file through a WD clientraw parser and see where the values are
https://saratoga-weather.org/wdparser.php
and check in the consolewd ini file and remove those values (when consolewd is not running)

I found the problem. Something had corrupted part of the consolewd.ini file. I replaced it with a clean copy and that fixed things.

For anyone troubleshooting this in the future, the values used by Steel Gauges are in the customclientraw.txt file with tags ‘PressL’ and ‘PressH’.

When I tested with “known good” backup copies of the clientraw and customclientraw files, I forgot that those files get rewritten every time WD does an update. So, shortly after I copied the “known good” files they were replaced with current data containing the incorrect barometer extremes. Duh. Stupid me!

Thank you Mark for setting me straight on whether the Steel Series scripts cache values and Brian for pointing me to the consolewd.ini file!