Migrating Davis VP2 from Windows to iMac

I have been running my Davis VP2, w/Solar, UV, and Soil Temp on my 27",mid-2011, 2.7 ghz Intel I5, iMac, running OS High Sierra, v10.13.3. I have Parallels 13 installed, and Windows 10 running VWS V15.00, p03, and have no trouble running my station on the Windows side of my iMac, and have been attempting to move this operation to the iMac side of my machine, without success. On the iMac, I have installed WD Ver 10.37Mac, build 297. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_18.dmg in an attempt to upgrade the console input to the correct USB upgrade for the iMac side of the machine.

In trying to setup WD, the Comport portion of the Control Panel shows only Comport Opened OK /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port. After completing the remainder of setup, the Current Conditions shows all readings at 0, with the exception of Soil Temperature, which says 212.0 F (actual outside temp is 38.1 F here). The time and date displayed are correct.

My Davis Console has a Vantage Pro Data Logger 07345017, which attaches to a telephone plug, which attaches to my Davis Serial-to-USB data cable, and then USB into the iMac. I assume that I do not have the correct Driver update for the Data Logger (or, possibly the correct cable). If so, I would like to know where to get the correct driver, how to install it, and how to get things running, from here.

I would LOVE to get my Weather Station running on WD, so I can get off of Windows for good! (I also need to move Quicken and Turbo Tax to the iMac, but those seem to be less of an effort than this is turning out to be!).

I should also note that, after some time (an hour or more) other readings appear on the Control Panel, but are wrong, eg, Wind chill 55 (really 40) Barometer 0.997 (really 29.70), Wind Chill 55 (really 36), Indoor Temp 32 (really 74), etc. Any and all help will be WILDLY appreciated!! Thanks in advance for you wisdom!

you are just seeing default data
the problem is your usb to serial driver is not working correctly
ie it does not show up in the com port setup
you could test by checking with a terminal window
i.e
ls /dev/tty.*

what type of data logger is it?

Brian,
it is a Davis A.T. Adaptor, which has one end of the telephone cord plugged into it from the VP2 Console, and the other end is a 9-pin oblong socket (which I think used to be used for printers). This then plugs into a short cord that came from Davis that has a 9-pin receptacle on one end, and a USB plug on the other end. This cord from Davis was called a Serial to USB Data Cable, which Davis told me I need in July, 2016. Davis said I needed this after the Console stopped updating and it immediately corrected that problem upon installation, and haven’t had any problems updating from the Console since then.

it sounds like you have a serial data logger
you then need to use a serial to usb convertor , that has a osx driver, that is compatible with your osx version (google for the latest driver )

Brian,

Thanks; I'll get on that tomorrow morning and see where this leads me, but I agree that it appears no data is being presented to the iMac I'll post my findings when I have any news.

Steve

Hey Steve, I made the same transition that you are doing. Going from Parallels to Mac.

I have been successfully running Mac WD for several months. I just installed the Silab latest update driver and all is still working. Sounds like I have the same set up as Steve. VP2 with USB datalogger.

CP210x Macintosh OSX VCP Driver 5.0.4 - January 19, 2018

Make sure to reboot the computer to get the driver working properly.

Running it on a Mac mini macOS 10.3.3

Sean