WD checks for data from beginning, rather than from last shutdown time

The VP2 console has the data starting from the beginning of 01/20/2018
When I first set up the VP2 on a newly installed WD, I set the datalogger to start from 20/01/17 01:10 (the start of the first record according to WeatherUnderworld).

WD isn

the time to get the data from is from the wdisplay.ini file
the
[Davis Download]
setting
make sure that you are running WD as admin
and you have it installed in c:\wdisplay

but if no data at all is coming from the data logger then you might have to reset the data logger
(this works for others)
i,e exit WD power down console, remove data logger for 5 minutes
put back in
power up
then set the time and date using weatherlink.exe and set the data logger interval to 1 minute
wait for 5 minutes
then start up WD
but also though check what you have set for the barometer offset in WD
you might have a setting left over from your previous station type

I checked the wdisplay.ini file and the time was set at the time I closed WD.
Wdisplay is in the root of C where it should be.

I was receiving data, but only after it had started checking from the beginning. The progress bar started to move after the data download reached the actual time of the last WD shutdown.

I changed the data logger interval from 5 mins to 1 min and that seems to have solved the problem. I’ve tried opening up WD several times after being closed for up to 2 hours and each time the clock has started checking / downloading from the time of the previous shut down.

I forgot to check of WD was running as Admin. I’ve just checked and it wasn’t, so I’ve now set it to run in Admin mode.

I’ll check the other PC where I was having the same problem. I know that wdisplay is in the root of C and the start time is the same as the shut down time. I’ll try changing running to Admin mode and checking first to see if that makes any difference, then I’ll change the interval to 1 minute. Either way, that should solve the problem on that PC as well.

what can happen if not on 1 minute logging interval is if the data logger does not recognise the time to get the data from, it starts sending data from the beginning

That would explain why it worked OK occasionally. Amended to 1 minute interval on 2nd PC and that’s working OK as well now.