Temperature intermittently disappears in Current Conditions display

I was on build 61 with this problem so upgraded to build 64 and it’s the same. The temperature read out in Current Conditions on the main WD main page disappears intermittently for a couple of minutes at a time and then comes back. My Davis VP2 console shows the correct temperature all the time as does - as far as I can tell - the temperature graph on the WD main page.

I’m not sure if this is a WD problem or whether my temperature sensor is on the way out and the zero display periods are not long enough to be displayed on my Davis VP2 Console or on the WD main page graphical temperature display. Any thoughts?

niltemp.JPG

Another thread here could be a W10 thing ?.

teal.

Phew - at least I’m not the only one so it’s not my temperature sensor at fault!

one thing, make sure that windows is not powering down the usb (selective suspend)
there is youtube video on setting windows power settings

In my case windows does not power down anything.

When the temperature is blank you can click on it and toggle f, then back to c. and it stays there.

Yes, same here. Windows is set to not power down the USB and if I click on the blank space it comes up as degrees F and another click puts it back to degrees C…at least for a little while. It’s been alright for 2 years under Windows 10 until just recently. Very odd!

is the data current in the graph when this happens?

yes,

wind, temperature etc all as console.

Of interest is that I have not seen this happen since reporting it - though I will continue to monitor it.

re windows power settings
its the usb selective suspend you need to check on
there is a youtube video about that

Cheers Brian,

Now disabled. Thank you