lost historical rain data

HI all,

On 27/01/18 @ 15.34 WD threw a wobbly (first time) and stopped doing anything :frowning:

The console continued as normal (still has YTD) and so I extracted the Davis logger data whereupon there is no rainfall in YTD with in WD. When I inspected the datafile -at the time (dailylog) - it had all the data but the rain data was not populated from that time onwards.

Also when I look at the detailed rain chart information (click table / rain to date / detailed rain data) there appears to be nothing in previous years but 2018 both daily and ytd are populated.

I think some form of rebuilt is required but am not sure how to do this.

Can anyone advise please.

Also I noted that at the time WD reset temperature rain etc to F, inches etc which I changed back to european.

thanks in advance

see if you have a back up wdisplay.ini settiings file
e.g in the
databackup12018.zip file in the databackup folder
copy/extract that to the WD location to replace the existing wdispla.ini file (when WD is not running)

Hi Brian,

I tried that earlier today (saw another post). No luck i’m afraid.

When I start up WD I also get the data extraction pop up from datalogger. Don’t know why.

For some reason the front rain data (bottom left main screen) is now showing rain in inches, despite always being in mm. My VP2 was set up n mm and is still showing millimetres. :frowning:

I can’t see to change it back to mm.

Hi Brian,

Just to add to my woes the temperature reading is disappearing - in top left. :slight_smile:

IF you click on it you can toggle f/c - as designed

I reinstalled s64 this morning in the hope that it corrected various things.

PS running w10 on 64bit.

Hi, that missing temperature reading that has happened to me as well 2/3 times now, but not for about 4 weeks now about the time I installed build s62. But I have just reread your post & you are on s64, so not much help there.

teal.

I have run WD for some 7 years now and not had any problems. Its a very robust program so I will put all my misfortunes down to W10 :0

All my old data is there, I think W10 doesn’t like old things. Probably wants me to buy a 365 version of something

W10, my PC has just downloaded the new version of it or something not really sure, it took a long time to do it, shame it’s not like W7 or XP.

teal.

I have checked my 12018lg.txt file and all data is there from 050118 when I installed the VP2.

I have tried the FAQ tip re using the data logger routine and the recreate 31 days graphs and. mmmm!!!

The receate 31 days just gives me a bunch of horizontal lines.

Lucky enough I copied the data and restored back to full file so its still down to no historical rain data and disappearing temperature.

My w10 did update day before to build 1709 (the latest) - could it be?

I guess Brian will have the answer. :slight_smile: no pressure

re rain in mm
make sure you have WD set to use mm in in the units setup

I have reset inches to mm but the data is not reading correct.
As soon as I changed it all rain data displayed changed to the same figures across the table
There should be differences in YTD / daily - see picture wd main page

The data is in the txt file but it is not reading it correctly.

The data is in the txt file but it is not reading it correctly.
what text file are you refering to?

12018lg.txt

• 12018lgcsv.csv

Obviously not where WD gets its data from them. :slight_smile:

I tried the convert log to data files which seems ok, but when you do the recreate last 31 days I just get horizontal lines on my graphs. :frowning:

Can you point me in the direction of the file to open / check and put right?

you can set the needed rain totals under control panel, offsets and initial rain
or you can set to use the console rain totals
in the davis setup in the weather station type setup

Yes, I saw that but was not sure if to action it as the purpose of this thread is that there is no history being shown year on year graphs.

Should not the data page I uploaded show the history and should I not have the comparisons

if you mean under view, rain charts
then that data comes from the wdisplay.ini settings file
in the
[Rain Chart]
section
see if you have a back up of that file and use that part from the back up or similar (exit WD when you make those changes)