WDL button on Weather Display menu bar

A short while ago I downloaded and installed a trial version of WD to test out with my Ventus station.

I then bought a Vantage and, to save messing up the Ventus trial, I installed another trial version of WD on a second PC to try out the Vantage on.

As far as I’m aware, I just did the standard set up required for both stations.

On the Ventus PC, clicking on on the WDL button on the menu bar brings up a blank page with four tabs

On the Vantage PC, this appears to open up WD Live and is showing the Vantage data in real time.

Is there any reason for one PC displaying WDL and the other not displaying it when WDL is clicked on?

what windows version?
what default browser?
etc

On both PCs:
Windows 7 SP1, automatically updated
Browser = Pale Moon 27.7.1 (a variant of Firefox). This is the default browser on both PCs

On the PC that the WDL tab displays WDL:
WD 10.37S62 trial

I have IE 11.0.9600.18893 installed (not default)

On the PC that the WDL tab doesn’t display WDL:
WD = 10.37S64 trial
I ran this update in yesterday, but I had the same problem with a previous version (which I think was 10.37S62 as above)

I have IE 11.0.9600.17843 installed (not default)
I tried making IE the default browser and rebooted the PC, but that didn’t make any difference.
Now reverted back to Pale Moon being the default browser

try copying the .swf file and .xml file from the working version (from the webfiles folder) to the non working version

I tried that and that didn’t work
I then deleted the two files on the non working version and pasted the two files over again (just to make certain that it was definitely the copied over files in the non working version) but still didn’t work.

I’ve just updated WD on the working PC to the same version (10.37S64) as the non working PC so that they are both the same when doing any comparisons. The WDL tab still works fine on the working version.

try viewing a WDL site with your IE version on the non working PC
and make sure that is configured to work
also is there any error under view, program event log
also the .swf and .xml files are actually loaded from the clientraw location (and not the webfiles location)
check/reset that maybe

Now sorted

I tried the Lixwm Village site link ( http://www.lixwmvillage.co.uk/upload/lixwmweather.html ) and was getting a shockwave flash error. On Investigation, although Adobe Flash was installed on the PC (and the Lixwm site WDL displayed OK on Pale Moon and Firefox), the necessary plug-in or whatever wasn’t installed in IE11. I did an update download from the Adobe site and the Lixwm page loaded OK. Tried the WDL button in WD and WDL loaded OK.

Thanks for your help.

I’m impressed with what I’ve seen so far with WD and need to look into it in more detail (all the settings options etc.) to get the feel of it more. I’m sure that there will be some more questions if I can’t find the answers anywhere. I already have a couple of general questions which I will post later.