RB pi3 ,update api meteotemplate

Hi,

I have a raspberry 3, with the latest console version wd 64bits
it works without problem, but the update with the api of meteotemplate is too long 5mn … how to reduce the update time about 1 min or less …

Thanks

best regards

I recently put the weather display on raspberry pi3 as well, but I have the exact same problem, could I shorten the update time to 1 minute?

I guess I could add option to update every minute

Great, then we wait for your confirmation as soon as it is inserted this works to load the file faster for meteotemplate.

But just launch the file Consolewd and also start uploading meteotemplate automatically?

try
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/consolewdtest.zip
and put in the config.txt
meteotemplatefast=Y

I can not keep updated at least 3 minutes per lap meteotemplate, even if the console does the upload every minute, as you have reduced the update time on the web page.

If possible, lower it to 30 seconds would be perfect in my opinion, if you can, or the possibility to choose a range like clientraw files.

not sure what you mean by I have reduced the update time on the web page?

I put the data update every 100 seconds to give it some 'time since every 60 uploads the file but does not change anything does not update.

sending the file via weather display from windows is twice as fast in updates as ever?

p.s. I’ve just done a more thorough check and the data updates them every 70 seconds or more, but the problem is that it does not update the time when the data is loaded, which was the weather display on windows, maybe some string in the file that loads?

what is the url?

this is the url: OM Barcellona P.G.

Hello Brian, after talking to the meteotemplate programmer, he told me that the problem that does not update the time, and ‘due to the string that is’ inside the file that is loaded by the raspberry maybe something is not’ correctly written, can you check it politely?

in checking your meteotemplate site
it has the time as
Condizioni Attuali
21:15:00
is that not correct?

The problem is that 'the data are updated, but often update the data and not the update timestamp, I also spoke with those who created meteotemplate that controlled and told me so:

"Hi, I checked your API file. Your API file is updated correctly, but the date/time (parameter U), the timestamp, is not being updated so the time remains the same. "

I just checked now , your site
and it says
Condizioni Attuali
5:18:45

i.e the time is updating

what am I missing

Hello brian, the problem is precisely: When you update the weather data, it does not update at the same time the time in here is loaded. the timetable in the above line is updated later than ever? You can see it because as soon as the updated weather data flashes, the time does not flash, watch carefully.

getting UTC time on a raspberry pi is not easy
consolewd relies on a routine that uses a variable that is updated by the pi itself (fptime)
so for what ever reason then, that is not updating
I could add some debug code so you can see the time stamp sent with the meteotemplate update to the console output

If you could do it, it would be a good solution.

i have changed the method of getting the utc time and put that time in the terminal output when the meteotemplate is updated
in this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/consolewdtest.zip
vers 16

The text immediately brian and I tell you what results I get, if you can kindly answer me in the other topic for the rain as I have to set the program that for now does not read it.

I can see that its working OK now
http://www.ombarcellonapg.com/wdisplay/template/indexDesktop.php