Humidity offset for WD console?

Hi Brian,

I need a humidity offset for the console version WD. I was already suspecting that the humidity values do look a little too low during last week and now we have it in black and white. :wink:
It is currently foggy outside with a visibility of 300 metres and a humidity of 100% according to our local weather station of the DWD.
I know that Fine Offset stations are not really the most accurate weather stations so if it would show 95 or 96% i could also deal with that.
However it only shows 91% at the moment and that is a little bit too low for foggy conditions.

I had already replaced the batteries yesterday, since i first thought this issue was related to a low battery, but that didn’t help.
So is it possible to include a humidity offset for the next console wd version?

I’m using Raspberry Pi 3 version 13.0 at the moment.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Georg

is this with the WH1081 type station do you mean?

Yes i have the WH1081

Hi,

I am still getting rather low humidity readings, compared with neighbouring stations.
Currently we have 70% humidity according to my station, while most other stations are currently reporting a humidity around 80%.
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/de/wurster-nordseeküste/53.783%2C8.6

Googling about this i found a thread in the Cumulus Forum and it looks like that this seems to be an issue with some WH1081 stations.
http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=580

So having a calibration offset for humidity would be very helpful.

Using WD RPI3 Version 17.0 at the moment

regards

Georg

yes, I should be able to add that

Thanks Brian, that would be great.

OK, added to the latest update
(set as hum offset= in the config.txt)

Thanks a lot Brian. :slight_smile: Set the hum offset to 10 for now, that seems to look more realistic, otherwise i would have another low humidity record again today.
Our official weather station from the German Weather Service had the lowest humidity at around 50% in the afternoon.

Regards

Georg