Astronomy script - Can't get "sunposa.php" running - RESOLVED

I’ve been trying to get the astronomy script running and have completed all of it except for
the sun position graph, “sunposa.php”. Is there a “sunposa.png” graphic? There is a reference to it in the settings section $pc_cacheFile = ‘cache/sunposa.png’;

Here’s my astronomy page without the sun position graphic. http://indiantrailweather.com/wxastronomy_new.php

Thanks for all help … :grin:

Do you have jpgraph installed and tested/working?

Yes, “jpgraph” is installed and working. Perhaps it’s a path issue to the “jpgraph” files.

Here’s my current paths to the “jpgraph” files. I’ve tried many versions of the paths but no luck so far.

Is there a “sunposa.png” image?

###############################################################
#Settings #
###############################################################
include (“/wxgraphs/graphsconf.php”);
include ($jploc.“/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph.php”);
include ($jploc.“/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_scatter.php”);
include ($jploc.“/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_line.php”);
include ($jploc.“/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_date.php”);
$clientrawextra = get_raw(“${hostloc}clientrawextra.txt”);

Hmmm, I tried some jpgraph examples and get error 500 e.g. http://indiantrailweather.com/jpgraph/src/Examples/linebarex1.php same as sunposa.php. Do you have a link to a working chart?

Is there a “sunposa.png” image?

As I recall it just generates the graph on the fly.

Hmmm… this

include ("/wxgraphs/graphsconf.php");
include ($jploc."/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph.php");
include ($jploc."/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_scatter.php");
include ($jploc."/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_line.php");
include ($jploc."/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_date.php");

doesn’t look quite right. Maybe try

include ("./wxgraphs/graphsconf.php");
$jploc = '/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/';
include ($jploc."src/jpgraph.php");
include ($jploc."src/jpgraph_scatter.php");
include ($jploc."src/jpgraph_line.php");
include ($jploc."src/jpgraph_date.php");

The “/wxgraphs/graphsconf.php” implied fetching it from the server’s root directory (not possible). “./wxgraphs/graphsconf.php” means fetch from the current directory – more likely to work.

The $jploc = ‘/home/baldwinj1/public_html/jpgraph/’; sets the JpGraph main directory to the absolute path to your JpGraph installation. Then the following include statements should work (and any other include that JpGraph may have internally).

The sun is shining in Hessville. Today is a great day because the “sunposa.php” graph has now appeared! :hotsun: As many others have said and I absolutely concurr “Ken you are the best!” You are the main cog that keeps our weather sites up and running. Many thanks for taking your time to help others! Greatly appreciated! =D>

I also want to thank all of the other folks who have chimed in to offer their suggestions. This has been a nagging issue with this script. Hopefully others will benefit from your
solution.

It’s like a Christmas morning in Hessville, cold, snow, sun and an unexpected gift that has made my day!!! :D/

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Where did you get your astronomy.php script? It looks quite super. There’s a lot more to than what comes with the saratoga pages.

This might be a place to start. Be forewarned, considerable assembly is required, and I know of no comprehensive source for this script. Searching this forum as well as wxforum.net for ‘wxastronomy_new’ is probably the best approach. The moon images are in an earlier post of mine in the herein ‘This’ linked thread.