IP webcam hosting sites, anyone?

I was browsing the 'net yesterday and found a possible solution to the problem I have getting my IP cams online and embedded in my webpage. So far I haven’t had much success. I’ve used VLC code, YouTube embedding, OBS and various types of software that create huge amounts of bandwidth, and none of these have been ideal solutions.

What I discovered is that there are sites out there that will host your IP cameras and with their code, you can embed the video straight from the camera onto your website. One in particular I like is the one I’m using now temporarily until the 5-day trial period is up. It’s a company called IPCamLive, out of the UK. They work just fine, but the only drawback is that after the trial period they will start charging me $15 US per camera. I now have two cameras and I think $30 US per month is a little too much to spend, hoping that some day some people might look at my camera. If my site was much busier, and some people decided they might want to donate to my supposed “camera fund”, it could make it worth my while.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any free webcam hosting sites that will do something similar. There’s one I was looking at this morning called CamVista.com and they’re free, but after I registered my cams yesterday I have to wait until they are “approved” which is taking a long time, so I can embed them on my website.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Why is WD not able to handle the webcams? I don’t understand why you are searching for an external solution…

If you are updating and sending to your site, Weatherdisplay for windows I know has that option. If you want, I can find you the stuff to put in the IP box.
However, if you are not , Iam using: https://webcam.io/

I wish the OP would chime in and explain what he wants to do and what WD is not able to handle. I checked his website and from what I see there is no need to pay an external site to post video clips. What am I missing???

I think he wants to live stream two cams in a format that most/all browsers will display, for free. I may be wrong but I don’t think WD live streams. The streaming services, like IPCamLive that he mentions, do a format conversion from RTSP so that "Your video will be displayed on any device regardless of whether it

Sorry, I haven’t been logged on in a few days. I didn’t realize this was so difficult to understand. All I need is a solution to allow me to display a live streaming image from 1 or 2 cameras on my site without paying an arm and a leg for the service, or for one that doesn’t hog 15 GB of data in under a day, and one that anyone can see in any browser.

IPCamLive is doing that for me, and even though it’s way past my 5-day trial period, it still seems to be working. Even if it was not working, this is a service I would consider paying for.

The WD camera app doesn’t stream live video to a web page. It takes a static image at a specified interval, which can be displayed on your webpage with practically no bandwidth usage, but I’d rather display a live video stream and let someone else handle the bandwidth for me.

I hope that makes it clear.

Have you calculated the bandwidth requirement? Seems to me that two streaming cams are going to use a lot of bandwidth even if they are only streaming to one client (the server).

WDwebcamcapture does have a streaming ability
see the network streaming tab

I could never get your WD Webcam Capture app to stream. Trust me, I’ve been down this road. Don’t know if it’s a camera-specific type of problem, or what… So I’m forced to doing things a little different.

If I could get Webcam Capture to stream successfully, how would I embed it on my site?

Thanks for getting back to us about what it is you are trying to do…perhaps with some guidance from Brian you can get it working with WD.

Never noticed that WD had this option. Thinking of giving this a try. Anyone have an example streaming to their website?

Doug

Keep in mind you don’t need to stream 30fps. 10fps or even 5 is fine.
Adjust the bitrate to suite.
A camera that supports RTMP is the easiest, then stream direct to YouTube, then use the link on your site.
Don’t attempt to use Reolink or other crap cams. Stick with a Dahua or a Hikvision.
You can also setup a RTMP server on your local PC and again stream to Youtube.
https://youtu.be/LrecnrQDyTg