New to WXSIM

Thanks for your interest in WXSIM! (I’m the author!)

It is indeed the sort of thing where you have to buy it to try it for your location. ATL is there as a demo so you can try it for Atlanta (or a site in Australia that I also have as a demo). This is not some deliberate business decision, it’s rather the very nature of the program. To get it to work for a speicifc location, I have to spend a few hours researching your climate, building data files, and testing and tweaking the data to optimize performance.

It does a number of things on its own, but also heavily uses both real time and model forecast data from the internet, and from your home weather station. All that goes together into making the forecasts, and you have lots of options for how to use the various types of data.

One thing about the pricing options: you can start with the least expensive option and upgrade later, spending exactly the same money you would have if you’d bought everything up front. However, if you’ve got a year or two of station data, and think there may be something unique about your local weather and climate (if it’s different from some other local sites), it’s often a good idea to let me do the “enhanced customization” initially.

Feel free to email me (or ask here) with more questions. [email protected]

Tom