uRADMonitor Support

Hi Brian,

No, this did not return the data for PM2.5

always a bit tricky when you do not have the hardware
if you run the cronairquality, is the , airquality2.txt file updated?
make sure you have ticked to use the local IP in the purple air setup

Hi,

I have sent you a PM and the answer to the previous question was no.

OK, made good progress now, thanks to Brientim
use the latest .zip udpate :slight_smile:
(includes new cronairquality.exe)
CO2 and carbonmonoxide is picked up now and plotted (instead of pm1 and 1.5) along with pm2.5 and the AQI
there is also a new custom tag for the carbonmonoxide (there was already one for CO2)

Wow… go to work and by time I get home everything is done!

Question, Would it be possible to get the PM2.5 data from the purple air and the rest from the uRADMonitor? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

the uradmonitor has 2.5 data though
anyway, there was a bug still where WD was not running the cronairqualty.exe auto with this setup
fixed that now in a new .zip update

Hello Brian,

Thank for the extremely quick turn around and yes it is functional.

Can you consider removing the depenancy for the user to record the full URL and therefore, the end user only records the local IP_Address and build the string…
Therefore, the end user does not need to know the API but only the ip of the host.
There is sufficient switches based on the check boxes for the user to select enable Purple Air and enable UradMonitor

all you need to have is tick enable
enter the local IP (and with /j on the end) and tick to use with radmonitor
and it should work

Hi,

I am aware of that but I was thinking about longevity. As it stands and the integration with multiple devices, the end users should not need to be cognisant of the APIs as this can be managed by the interface.

Thus, currently there is a single entry whereby if the user required or wanted multiple connection to the various devices, they is a requirement for multiple IPs for each connection.

If you are doing that, all that is required is the IP addresses and having read some of the threads yesterday for Purple Air, it is clear that a number do not know the API, URL.

Building the connections dynamical based on the single inputs of the IP Address removes the liability on them to know the API and potentially you for support.

I only had a similiar conversation on Wednesday for one of the Project I am managing where the developer expected the users to know the full and extremely long connection string. His logic was what if the API changes, and my response was we manage it through Testing and Change processes or the liability becomes training and support.

Therefore, my suggestion was not based as a requirement for myself but rather a suggestion for future consideration.

I don’t follow…
all the user needs to know if the local IP address, and enter that in the setup (followed by /j)
no other API info is needed (i,e no user /pass or similar)

Another question, Is this data getting uploaded to Weather Underground?

Anything other than the IP Address should not be required.

Anything that concatenated (followed by /j or /json or a leading http(s):// etc) to make the connection string should be managed when the switch is enabled.

The unknown Variable is the IP address and they must enter it but the additional viarables for each connection string is known and there best managed by the software rather than user.

It was only a suggestion.

yes, i could check to see if the /j is added…if not. add it
yes the data is uploaded to WU
but they do not display it
(this has been discussed in the purple air thread)

you can set to plot the pm2.5 data in the WD main graph
see in the setup, advanced/misc setup for that and other options

Interesting… it’s being displayed for me (at least with the purple air)

Here’s a snippet of my wunderground data.

WU must finally have it integrated now then

As far at I am aware, it is dependant of the type of station and as PA integration and is classified as a health device and is direct this explains the difference between what is being displayed.

Brian just like to say thank you once again.