cronlazersnow.exe notes

HI,

Just wanted to mention here my most recent dumb act but still a puzzling act.

I’ll make it short – recent indoor test of lazer snow measuring device - fluke -after setup with some help worked great indoors - test complete till spring or when I can get it set up for next snow season.

So I noticed after manually inputting snow totals, that after a few minutes or so they would revert back to what the CM side had- also noticed the in the Input Daily weather, in the big box, the log file was still logging.

So closed the cronlazersnow down and it it still continued to log and change the Snow Depth Totals back to what the log file was recording Example:
9:16:18 AM current calc snow depth from difference 0.00000, current snow depth 10.70000 , last snow depth 10.70000 threshold 0.20
09:17:19 current calc snow depth from difference 0.00000, current snow depth 10.70000 , last snow depth 10.70000 threshold 0.20

So in one effort I deleted the LrTimelog file and the cronlazersnow.exe , shut down WD restarted and and it was still logging every minute and changing the snow depth totals.
OK so above was the dumb process.

Went back to the set up process. reversed the process, and found out all I needed to do was to uncheck the boxes in WD Setup - Advance/Misc - Boltwood/Homemade… and unchecked both boxes in the USB Snow Sensor setup – perhaps you only need to check 1 box but I did both and all seems good now.

My only observation, and I have no idea how it works, but without the Fluke plugged in - the cronlazersnow and Lrtimelog file removed, why was the log in the Input Daily weather still being written along with not be able to change the snow totals.

yamiacaveman

so you are not wanting to use cronlazersnow.exe do you mean?
(just trying to understrand why you have done what you have done)

No, no I like the way everything works.

I have been watching the development and progress of measuring the automatically.

After Christmas I found a great price on the Fluke414d on Amazon - I also received a gift card fro Amazon for Christmas, so the time was right for buying the components – but no right for installation’

With snow on the ground and high temps at 10 F, installation would have to wait.

So I set it up inside my house and after acquiring some expert help, I had it up and running, worked great.

I decided to put it away for now until the weather broke and I could work on installing it for next year.

But after disconnecting everything I found that the log file was still running and I that if I changed my snow depth totals in the Daily Weather input they would revert back after the a minute went by.

Again the dumb part, I deleted the cronlazersnow and Lrtimelog files thinking it would stop the logging and the snow depth issue, but it didn’t and I was confused as of why without those two programs would it keep on running. The good part of being not so bright is that you stop wondering more quickly than others and you move on.

So moving on took me to reversing the set up steps and then when I found the enable boxes and unchecked them and everything went back to normal, well I really felt the dumbness then, luckily be not so bright I can move on easier than most.

The set up is Great!!! I thought this was going to be a big process with the Dallas 1 wire, setting up log files, then getting it to work with the Saratoga templates, simple even for me once you had some instruction, and for dummy me it was so good I could’t turn it off, lol.

I have been told you have put a lot of work into this and it shows, and is very much appreciated!!!

I can’t wait till next year to getting up and running.

Hope this clears up my babbling.

Again thanks for your work!!!