WD - 64-BIT "Ubuntu" Linux Version - Execution Issue

Interesting! I’ve gone in exactly the opposite direction. After running WD on Win 7 for 5 years or so, then on Win 10 for the past 4 years, I don’t believe Win 10 is fit for purpose any longer as a reliable platform running 24/7 logging weather data. I’ve had many, many WD crashes since upgrading to Win 10. If I went away for a long weekend, I could pretty much guarantee that WD would crash - often on the first day I was away.

All other programs on my PC kept functioning, Thunderbird, Firefox etc, but not WD.

I think your Atom CPU will struggle with that load, but I may be wrong. I’m running an Intel NUC with i3 processor and that is the minimum I’d recommend to successfully run WD along with the other programs you mention. The Atom is OK for tablets but it doesn’t have the grunt of the Pentium family or the later Core i-series. My i3 NUC is fanless too and a very nicely designed piece of hardware. I have it running Ubiquiti’s video surveillance software along with WD for Linux and it hasn’t missed a beat in the 2 months I’ve had it running so far.