HP1000 SE WiFi - Ambient WS1002 WiFi clone

Hi,

as the subject says, I have a Froggit HP1000 SE WiFi station with console (Ambient weather WS 1002 WiFi clone). For the life of me I cannot figure out why WD doesn’t show correct data. I ran Test multicast (found in an old post here) and data is being sent. But in WD, data is all wrong - except wind direction!? In WD, I only have “Use via WiFi direct” checked.

I have a dedicated Orbsmart mini PC running Win 10 Home edition. Final goal being sending of data to my webpage running Meteotemplate.

I am still on Trial but would love to use WD for it’s versatility.

Any help much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Jure

it looks like from the WD screen it is getting data though (hard to see with the test program covering the screen)
can you post a screen shot of just WD?

Here it is… data in WD is incorrect except for the wind direction. The correct data is what the test multicast is showing. Temperature around 3.5 Celsius – WD has been showing 13 C for two days now. I also checked with EasyWeather which is mirroring the console. And it is an older version, so I guess the data format has been unchanged even if this is a “SE” version of the WS. Second generation? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Jure

the humidity and indoor temperature is changing in WD
and there has been some windspeed updates
I could add some debug code to see what is happening with the temperature

Brian,

I uninstalled WD completely and reinstalled it on d:/wdisplay. Situation is the same, outside temperature insists on 13 C… I went through the logs and 13C is written in the files also. :?
Any idea how to solve this much appreciated! :slight_smile:

The station is on static IP, by the way.

Jure

I will add some debug code for you to see what is happening
first though post a screen shot of how you have it setup in the weather station type in WD :wink:

Aha, maybe herein lies a clue! :wink:

I think I know what might be wrong
do you happen to have your windows regional/locale settings set to use a comma instead of a decimal place for numbers?
ie try changing your windows number formating regional settings to use decimal place instead of comma

try a new .zip update of WD from the download page
where it should work now if your windows local settings are set to use comma instead of decimal place for numbers

Indeed, decimal comma was set! I changed to decimal point and voila! Temperature is 1.4C and the rest of the data is also correct at a first glance!

Computers are getting too smart for me, setting things up like this… :oops:

Many thanks Brian! I am off to purchase Weather display!

Jure

EDIT: I noticed you posted an update… I have no problems using decimal point, but I will download the update, thank you very much! Wow, you are unbelievable, Brian! :slight_smile:

I think we cross posted
I have it now where it should work with the latest update if your windows regional settings are set to comma
when you get a chance can you test to make sure that works?
( as you will not be the only person who this problem has occurred, but good on you for sticking it out :slight_smile: )

Agreed, I will test the decimal comma and post here.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Jure

I have set decimal comma again in regional settings and so far, so good, all values are correct. Tomorrow I’ll set up data transfer between WD and Meteotemplate and check there, too.

Jure

good stuff
data to meteotemplate will be OK :slight_smile:

Brian,

data is OK, but automatic updating doesn’t seem to work.

In the file sentcustomhttget.txt I am getting:

OK
Found
151: HTTP protocol error. 302 Found.

When I click “Test/Update”, data is sent and Meteotemplate database on my web site is updated. But no automatic updates…

Once again, I will ask for your help. :slight_smile:

Jure

one thing, make sure the switch is on the meteotemplate setup and times to send set
and also make sure the main internet switch is on the ftp/internet , connections setup

[s]No luck, still get the above error and meteotemplateLive.txt is not updating unless I click “Test/update”

FTP transfer is working, updating every 5 minutes and I see the files in the chosen folder /template/ on my website.
Also, PWS weather uploading is working.

I am attaching my settings…[/s]

EDIT: it is working! I fiddled with the adress of my website (https://; www;) and it started working! Now I will stop bugging you, Brian! :wink:

Thanks again!
Jure