Weather display and meteobridge

Hi,

I have just started trying to installed meteobridge which I am going to use with the homeweather34 template, but also connect to WD to log data and drive the rest of my website (www.paulwilman.com). I have a Davis vp2.

I have got the Davis connected to meteobridge. I have then gone into the com port setting, added in the IP address of the meteobridge and added in the meteobridge username and password.

I haven

maybe you have wdwatchdog running
or maybe you have ticked to restart or reboot if the data stops (in the setup, misc setup)

Brian,

Where do you find watchdog, although I am pretty sure I dont have that switched on. I did have WD set to reboot if no data received for 10 mins. I have switched that off. It doesnt reboot though, it just quits…

Is there anything else? I have the meteohub logger switched off, com port set to 22222. I have enabled meteobridge, but not ticked meteohub. Are there any other settings I need to look at?

Thanks so much.

Paul

is the watchdog program running
you do need to have meteohub and then meteobridge ticked (i.e both)

Brian,

Watch dog is switched off . Now ticked meteohub aswell. Will see what that does .

Brian,

Just noticed that the alarm button on the bottom and of the main screen is continually flashing red. Is that something I should be worried about or could cause the exiting?

Paul

that just means a new record (day or year or month) has been reached
is the exit occuring on like when a internet update would occur or similar?

Brian,

For some reason WD is now reporting 18.8mm of rain, when absolutely nothing has fallen. I assume that is the record. When you look at the live data within meteobridge, it is showing nothing. Is there any reason why WD would be showing 18.8mm of rainfall?

Paul

what shows under view, debug info, in WD
also what shows across the top of the WD program?
also which version/build of WD?
WD can be set to update the homeweather34 template still (if you had that setp before)

you could as a test back up WD settings and then start new

Brian,

I am using WD 10.37 S60. This was the last update you really kindly did before homeweather34 was removed. At the moment I am running off the WD API template that Brian developed then pulled down.

There is nothing under the program error log and the debug us just showing Ok and done. It has now been running for an hour without exiting…

The top just shows meteobridge and the usual data stream that all appears correct. I have gone into rain offsets and rest the daily total to 0.0mm now. Hopefully it was just some random blip.

I have a humidity offset set as well as my humidity sensor seems to under record. When I have the data coming direct from the Davis this humidity is increased by 5% ie from 88 to 93.when the data comes from meteobridge it appears to be ignoring the 5% offset.

Paul

its likely I had not used a humidity offset from meteobridge data
are you able to set one on that?

so you got the exiting problem fixed

Brian,

Meteobridge has now been feeding WD the data for about 12 hours with no problems. I have added the home modify offset direct in the Davis console so not an issue anymore.

Thanks again for your helping. Will post in the near future when meteobridge has been running for a bit longer. Looks like it could have been having the reboot when no data received option ticked.

Paul

Brian,

Meteobridge has now been runn My since Friday night perfectly.its driving my weather34 template direct and also feeding data into WD via the hub.

One question I had, if for any reason WD went down for a period of time would it get the data back from the Davis logger when I rebooted?

Paul

only if you set to not get data from meteobridge (which does not store data?)

Brian,

The version of meteobridge I have doesn’t have any memory, so doesn’t store any data other than currently daily, previous day, monthly and average highs and lows.

Guess that means that with my current setup of Davis into meteobridge into WD I would loose historic log data if meteobridge went down.

Paul

no
as your davis console still has the data
and so you set WD to get the data direct from the davis console instead of from meteobridge and then restart WD (after setting the time/date to get the data)
what is your advantage in having/using meteobridge though (just wondering)

Brian,

Thanks for tip about getting data from Davis console if my pc crashes.

My website homepage is driven mainly by the weather34 template. I am still using the WD API version of the template you developed with Brian, but using meteobridge means I can keep up with the updates Brian is continually making. My laptop is also ageing and not quite as reliable as was running 24x7. Meteobridge is basically just a router and seems to be able to run for months without intervention. Means that if my laptop does crash whilst I am working away my main website will still be driven by meteobridge (unless internet goes down.

I have been using WD for about 15 years now and love the additional stuff meteobridge can