Wwebcam upload to WeatherUnderground fails

Unable to upload via WeatherDisplay. FileZilla works fine but have to use alternate IP address for WU “54.148.11.142”. Maybe this can be replaced in the WD.ini file somewhere?
Stopped working around the 4th of january.
Tnx…
-G.

wunderground has been having lots of problems lately with a lot of things, web cam uploads being one of them
using a fixed IP just means you are using one particular server instead of the one allocated by load balancing
(and so then putting more strain on that server, etc)

if you have WD uploading the webcam image to a web site then you can set WU to get the image from that url instead

if you really want to though I can make it where you can set the IP

Hi
mine uses a url and is inactive not of my choosing and appears to have stopped on the 2nd or 3rd Jan

Thank you Brian!
But… I think I got it working again… at least for now. Seems logging into my account with another FTP client seems to have caused the regular WD upload to work again. No idea why.
Agreed they must be trying something at the WU server side, they certainly seem to be having trouble getting all the webcam data administered. I can’t see an issue on the WD side so far unless they change something at WU.
Keeping my fingers crossed. :slight_smile:
-G.

*Well it worked for a while… after about 12 hrs it quit again. Guess we’ll have to wait for WU to get things straightened out…
-G.

Guess it was working for a bit more than a year, and now stopped working again. Tried a seperate FTP client and that won’t work now either.
Deleted my current webcams and tried adding it as a new one which failed as well.
Maybe they blocked my webcam for some reason. Regular weather data uploads fine though from WD. I am sure it isn’t a WD problem must be something on their (WU) end.

Posted on wxforum yesterday by a WU employee:

As recognized in a different thread, we are working through some webcam issues including approval and FTP. Some of you may have success where others do not. This is a frustrating one for sure but please know that we are working on it, and it will take some time. I think we have enough data points for now and appreciate your contributions & patience on this particular topic.

Guess I’ll stop sending the webcam data since it takes a lot of my upload quota. Will try to get it working again if things get fixed.

you can get WU to pull your web cam from your web site
I do that
but for some reason I cant then associate that web cam image to my WU account

Tried that on Edge (old dashboard) and Chrome (new), and failed dismally. But Edge did allow me to associate the webcam with my pws ID before it stalled.

not sure what you mean exactly by failed miserably?
what part failed exactly?
its not very clear

I entered all the details requested for a URL webcam, associated the webcam with my ID, hit “next”, and then the procedure just hung at 75% complete. IOW it failed miserably.

that gives a lot more context, and helps in understanding

I set up a new web cam, using the url method (wu grabbing the image from my web site)
and now that new one has linked/synced up OK on my WU page :slight_smile:

Which browser did you use?

chrome
it auto linked my WU page ID when I set it up
but strangely in my settings for edit my WU station, the drop down to link an associated web cam, does not list anything…but its working now…

WU take my webcam image from a URL too but it is very hit and miss - latest image is currently 47 minutes old. The unreliability of it is evident in the video which I think is supposed to be the last 24 hours?

Finally managed to complete the ritual for adding URL webcam, but WU says it’s offline :?

I’ll give it a day or two to settle down.

Webcam appeared on dashboard for the first time today 8O