%hoursofpossibledaylight% tag not updating for me

Hi Brian,

Recently upgraded to build 296 and noticed the $hoursofpossibledaylight tag is not updating. I have checked all the Solar and Lunar setup panels, coordinates are entered in both the Solar/Lunar Coordinates and Solar Sensor panels. Anything else I should be checking?

Thanks
Paul

do you mean it used to work OK in the original older build?
and you when you say not updating, how do you mean exactly?
do you mean the custom tag used (you show the variable and not the actual custom tag) is not replaced with a value, or that value is wrong, or?
its not very clear

The value is frozen, it reports 9.23 hours of daylight each day. I first noticed this on build 295 the other day, updated to build 296 last night. I’m not sure if it was working on earlier builds prior to 295 but I know it worked well using the older build 24 that I used until a couple of months ago.

The tag %hoursofpossibledaylight% returns this $hoursofpossibledaylight = ‘09:23’; // Total hours/minutes of possible daylight for today

Hope that helps

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 6.04.14 PM.png

so it is updating
but you have noticed its not changing
have you checked to make sure the actual template html file has the actual custom tag in place (and not just the number 9.23)

$changeinday in testtags is incorrect too if that means anything…

$changeinday = ‘10:01:22’; // change in day length since yesterday

Thanks Niko, that is what drew my attention to it initially.

Brian, Yes, I did check and the %hoursofpossibledaylight% tag is in my testtags.txt file, not just a numerical value.

I do not know why it is not working

Ok. I remember in the past it had something to do with the Solar Sensor setup, even if you did not have a solar sensor. I’ll play around with those settings again to see if I can pin it down.

Thanks

it uses the sunrise/set times
I just tested here with my lat/long (in the sun moon riset/set setup)
and it returns 14:28 (its summer here, for the %hoursofpossibledaylight%)
which is the same as the windows version reports

The sunrise and set in testtags appear to be correct based on the location, and the difference of those times is 9:23. The length of day/hours of daylight should have increased by about a minute and a half from yesterday so it’s very strange that it would be showing the correct 9:23 for today if that tag has really not updated :?

so the custom tag,%hoursofpossibledaylight%, is working correctly then? i.e its showing the correct value for today?

IMHO yes it is.

Possibly I have it wrong, that the issue it is the change in day tag not updating…that is what caught my eye at first…it has been +10 minutes every day for a while so I made the assumption the other tag was not updating…jumped to conclusions…my bad.

$changeinday = ‘10:01:22’; // change in day length since yesterday

is definitely wrong.

Be interesting to see what %hoursofpossibledaylight% shows tomorrow.

I will test the change in day custom tag for the mac version here…stand by

use a new update to fix the changeinday custom tag

Spot on Niko. The hours of possible daylight did in fact increment by 1+minutes prior to downloading the latest update.

Brian, latest update is installed and the %changeinday% tag now reflects the proper value.

Thanks guys, great work!