cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: wdisplay FTP uploading wrong files, but correct names!  (Read 61 times)

Offline garyghj

• OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84
wdisplay FTP uploading wrong files, but correct names!
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »
Hi, I seam to have developed an unusual situation and not sure how to fix it. I see from the forum that some people have had a similar issue, but not exactly the same. Some files in my wdisplay webfiles folder are being uploaded as a different file, but with the correct name. I have identified 3 so far. For example. I created a new screen at the weekend ‘customscreen4’. This file updates ok (it’s a new banner), it creates a file in webfiles called customscreen4.gif, FTP uploads the file ok, but when I try accessing the file through my website I am actually getting moon.gif. When I try accessing www.---------/---/moon.gif I get a blank screen with just a small box at the top centre.  The customfile4.gif is being created correctly because if I copy it out of the webfiles folder rename it and upload it to my website using an FTP client I can then access it through my web browser. Not sure what I am doing incorrectly, but any advice mould be very welcome. garyghj

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84
    • Weather Display
Re: wdisplay FTP uploading wrong files, but correct names!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »
this usually happens when you have 2 files of the same name
if you could post the ftplogfull.txt file

Offline garyghj

• OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84
Re: wdisplay FTP uploading wrong files, but correct names!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »
Hi Brian,

Thank you for responding to my query please see ftplogfull.txt file sent to your email, as requested. The three lines I have identified  are 69, 70 and 71. I cannot spot any duplicate files in the 'webfolder', the log runs to 593 lines, so it is quite possible. Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you.

Gary