1 WIRE AUTO STARTING WITH NEW UPDATE.

Hi Brian, Dont know why but latest update is starting the 1 wire module on start up. I use Davis Vantage Vue…which is working ok, but I have to keep terminating 1 wire after each start up. (located in the system tray)… Used the latest zip on 1 jan 2018

if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will test/check here

And for me too. . . using S62 full install file downloaded 31 December. But only the client (stationless) display I am running on a second machine, not the main display.

there is a FAQ on the WD forum for how to do that

never post your settings on a public forum
I did say to email them to me

the solution is to untick to use the cronlazer snow
in the
setup
advanced/misc, snow depth tab

okay found it but why was it ticked in the first place. I certainly have never been into that section because I do not use any of that gear. Also there’s no mention of Dallas one wire in that section in the module. It says Max botix Rangefinder as snow depth. I appreciate you helping me to navigate to that fix. I will also heed your warning

Me too. And, coincidentally, why do the following files keep appearing unbidden in the WD data folder on a separate partition where I save WD update downloads before installing:

AtUsbHid.dll
cronairquality.exe
cronhttpgethomeweather.exe
cronnestthermostat.exe
LRTimeLog.exe
and, of course, recently, cronlazersnow.exe.

Is it because I instal the update to C:\wdisplay from D:\wdisplay, the data partition?

not sure what unbidden means?

I don’t put them there, they just appear!

I’ve deleted them more than once, but they still come back. . .

WD does not copy or move .exe files
those files are part of the .zip download though

The copies must be left behind when I run the full instal (not the .zip download) from D:\

Next time I’ll run it from a folder on C:\ and see what happens.

But WeatherShip and I are still wondering why the cronlazersnow.exe box was ticked in the first place?

that was my fault

OK. Thanks, Brian.