Owon Scope and 1Wire

Hello,

Does anyone here have a Owon Scope and a 1-wire system that they have looked at with the scope.
I say because I’m not 100% sure the scope is up to the job, bandwidth, It’s only a 100MHz, a (SDS7102V)
So what is happening when the timebase is slowed down, not all the signal is going to 0(Zero)Volts, say 1 volt. But very random. See attached images.

John

Another image… as limited to 512k per post

Last image

I think the scope is fast enough. Is that a real 1-wire network with e.g. long wires out in the yard, or just a bench test?

Hello,

Yep that’s the full weather station, 30 mtrs or there abouts… with 12 devices on it.

John

In that case, unless there is a functional problem, I wouldn’t worry about it. If you just connected a couple of chips on the bench it would look a lot cleaner. 1-wire is designed to work well with less than optimum conditions/cheap wiring/external noise. The bus doesn’t have to be zero volts for the chips to recognize a logical zero, on the 1-wire data sheets I looked at it is specified as anything below 0.8 volts.

Hello,

It’s working a lot better than a couple of days ago… two diodes on two sensors (hobbyboards) had died, they were certainly making a mess of the bus, however, that’s why I have taken a more deeper look into the bus signals. I’m still not 100% convinced the scope is good, it is the first digital scope I have owned.

I will have to do some more tests…

John

I have a Rigol. It’s nice to have the memory function and be able to grab screenshots but realistically it is what it is, a cheap 'scope, and can’t really be compared to my analog one that cost close to $2K quite a long time ago.