Notified if WX Station Website Doesn't Update

I run a Davis VP2 wx station interfaced to a dedicated computer 24/7. Sometimes there are power glitches or one of my cats scamper across the keyboard and cause havoc when I’m not around. I send the data&graphics every 5 minutes to my website. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to setup a program that checks for the latest data and emails me if it is over an hour old? I am attempting to write a python program using the urllib2 library, but its slow going since I’ having to learn python as I go. Thanks for your help!

I guess I was unclear. My original posting was under WD Questions and was moved here. The program I am running
is Weather Display. I was really asking if there is any feature in WD that allows for notification if the FTP process
does not occur for any reason…and thus the website does not update.

Of course, if the WD program itself fails, then I would have to have a separate standalone program to check on
the status of the website, thus the reason I mentioned using urllib2 in python. But, I have since found out that
there is no such thing as a ‘python compiler’ that compiles a standalone program. Oh well. I will poke around and
see if C# has any such similar library to urllib or urllib2.

Thanks

I have moved this thread back to WD questions and deleted my python code but really I don’t see any other way to interpret your original post than as you wishing to write a python program to perform this function:

So long as python is installed on the PC you can run a python program directly, or from e.g. system scheduler, just by calling the .py or .pyw script.

you can set WD to email you if too many failed ftp attempts

Thanks for the replies! Sorry for the confusion.

Jimmy