Weather Display locks up and won't respond

I’ve been running WD on an old Windows XP operating system for several years. At 2:30 AM on December 25th WD stopped working. The display looked fine but it wasn’t processing new data working. After I force closed it (control; Alternate; Delete etc…) my computer seemed to have gone haywire. (keyboard no longer worked, some commands didn’t work and when I tried to restart WD after the rectangle came up saying that WD was loading the program nothing happened.

I decided that the old windows xp computer was broken and I proceeded to load WD in a newer computer running Windows 10. I was able to copy all of C:\wdisplay from the old computer to the new computer. I copied wdisplay.ini from databackup to C:\Windows and I ran wdisplayftp.reg. Then I downloaded a new copy of wdisplay32.exe from the Weather Display website and ran it. It seemed to run without a hitch. I let it start WD. After a long time the display came up but it didn’t have any data and couldn’t click on the pull downs because the courser remained an hourglass so I couldn’t make any settings changes. I’ve restarted the computer and tried to start WD but I get the same result.
When I try to close down the non-working display, a notice says WD isn’t responding so I have to use Alt Ctrl, Delete.

When the display is showing (but not working) the banner across the top of the display it says 10.37S62 Registered WMR200. That banner has been at the top op WD for years. Does it mean that I have successfully moved my registration to the new computer?

HELP! :frowning:
Jimmy

it sounds like something has goten corrupted
it could be the windows registry setting
try
using regedit.exe
search for wdisplayftp.ini
and then delete that from the registry (when WD is not running)
then start WD