The 3 Day Stillwater Weather Forecast - Drone Style

Thanks to M.P.C. for providing the inspiration from his Christmas edition page, here is my 3 day weather forecast, back dropped by the flight of a drone from start to finish. It lifted off from an apartment complex on the north side of Stillwater, OK and headed for a flyby of a large portion of the OSU campus before returning home.

https://stillwaterweather.com/3daywxforecast

Very interesting :smiley: The stability is impressive, what kind of drone is that?

lots of sporting facilities with that uni campus!

Inspire Quadcopter.

College sports is big in this part of the country. Colleges have to keep up with things. It’s like keeping up with the Jones. For instance, in the video when the drone pauses, the large building on the right is the indoor football practice field built a few years ago. I guess it’s hard to recruit football players without one.

It’s more than sports. The video is over two years old. The graded off area the drone passed over is the site for OSU’s new school of business building. It just got finished in time for the winter semester. The grandly styled building is pictured below. Cost to build was around $63 million.

The big building seen just before the drone takes a hard left to start back home is the student union. At 543,411 square feet, it’s believed to be the largest student union in the world.

While the drone makes it’s way home, the Stillwater High School campus with its recently built stadium can be seen to the left a short whle little before the flight goes over the trees of a residential neighborhood.

Too bad the drone video is not only kinda out of date, it’s out of season. Low tonight is to get down to 13, coldest low so far this winter.

Very nice :slight_smile:

True in most parts of the U.S., highest paid college employees are frequently the sports coaches.

Very nice. Im curious about the video…were you in control of the entire flight? It appeared to me that the drone was over a mile away so wondering if you controlled the flight or was it a pre-programmed GPS flight? If you were in control, what type of controller is used that can transmit that far?

It was close to two miles. Nope, wasn’t in control of drone.

most likely a “Very Expensive” Controller/drone

I was just reading this interesting accident report and see that the remote of the Phantom 4, a much cheaper drone, has a 3.1 mile range.