Twitter

My Weather Display auto posts to twitter just fine. However twitter will not forward the tweet to Facebook. All of my other tweets from other sources work fine and forward to Facebook.

Any ideas on what’s going on? :roll:

not really a WD problem I would have thought?
you will need to check your twitter and FB settings I think?
maybe some sort of block occuring?

I’m sure your right. It’s something between twitter to Facebook. I have my app settings correct and like I said, meteobridge and Hoot-suite forward fine.

I’m afraid I’m screwed. I’ve reported the issue to twitter technical support several times but they don’t respond. It’s a bit disappointing. One of the main reasons for me purchasing WD was to be able to post a current webcam photo with my conditions for my Facebook page. Now I have had to go back to meteobridge which will tweet and forward to Facebook, but no webcam photo.

as a test try no image from WD tweet
FB does not like auto posts, and getting twitter to do it is sort of cheating…and they could close that loop hole at any time

That works but it’s disappointing. I would like to have my webcam image posted on Facebook. It worked up until a few weeks ago. I wish WD had an app to post to Facebook.

I only have a twitter account to do auto posting. I’m not much on twitter.

WD did have an app to post auto to FB
but FB disallowed it, as they do not want auto posts

if you have your web cam image online then you could have an embedded url to that image in the tweet

They may have on mine. Only retweets are posting on FB.

Well, I tried the embedded url in my tweet. It did post an image on Facebook. but the image wouldn’t update. It just kept posting the same image over and over.

is the image in the URL updating?

Yes. If you clicked on it on the Facebook post it would show an updated image.

you should be able to have html code in your twitter that loads the image into the tweet (and so it will always shows the latest image)