JavaScript WDL version 1.0.0 alpha.

Ken,
Thanks for the detailed reply how these function in the world of servers and programs like javasript.
Obviously from your templates you have an in-depth understanding.

What you say as you lead me through the process makes sense. However I know from the past that assuming something works in a certain way can be far from the truth, so I appreciate the clarification.

Similarly there are other details that in the early stages of internet access may have made a difference, like packet size with header info and all, so even requesting 5 bytes of info caused a 1 kbyte packet to go out.

This sounds very efficient. And it makes me realize how rapidly things move on. I used to scour my expensive little IBM PC hard drive for errant files that took up room. Now when I run an antivirus scan I see that hundreds of thousands of files are scanned, making it impossible for us old farts to know what they are doing, and if they are vital.

I used to be in deep as possible with knowing all the tools, suites of programming tools and all, but that was another life and decades ago, so I leave it to you guys to bring us these marvelous tools to display weather (thanks to you, Yerren, Brian and Jachym) who bring me the ones I use the most.

Again, thanks, and I await the next generations as they come by.