JavaScript WDL version 1.0.0 alpha.

Looking great on Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Edge on my system (Win10 Pro latest build).

Very nice!

Merry Christmas!

Thanos

Thank you for that! Just doubled the amount of browsers tested I think… :lol:

Looking good. Which JS toolkit are you using for eg the thermometer and rain gauge containers?

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Everything apart from the graphs were made from scratch 8O (using EaselJS to draw on the HTML canvases). The graphs were created using ChartJS, which turned out to be very flexible.
This was a fair amount of work, but it allowed for a lot of freedom in design, and no worry about how it could be distributed in the long run and so on. :slight_smile:

Great work Yerren.

There is certainly a need (market, maybe) for such an interesting application. :wink:

Awesome. I love WDL and the whole flash thing is becoming a problem at school and elsewhere.
Very interested on anything you are doing with this. Thank you!!!

Edit-came up very fast and looked good on Puffin on my phone.

Working on Mac El Capitian Safari and Chrome. Even though I have WDL I’ve never bothered to set it up on my new web site because of the flash issue. Now there may be an option. I like it great job!

On a Pixel 2 with Oreo it displays OK in vertical mode, when turning the phone horz the buttons on the bottom are cut off and there is no way to scroll to get to them.

Working on iMac under macOS High Sierra, Safari and Firefox.

great!
loads fast and I like all the graphs!

Works like a dream on the iPhone with the safari browser. I

Thank you!
Haha we shall see, it’s early days yet, but maybe if there is enough interest :wink:

I know that schools are using smart phones more and more, and my old high school had trouble accessing WDL for their projects, which was a real shame! So, hopefully, this is a step towards fixing that. :slight_smile:
If you (and others?) are interested in the progress of this, I’m sure there is some way to keep people updated. I am always blown away by the activity and helpfulness on this forum, so I’m sure there is a way!

I’m glad that I might be able to help expand the audience of WDL, in that case! :smiley:

Ah, very interesting, I see what you mean! Thank you, I’ll get on to that. (In the meantime, if you refresh the browser while in vertical mode it should fix itself… :lol:)

Awesome, glad to get some feedback on apple devices, thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you, and the graphs really are a must have, aren’t they :lol:

[quote author=Spuds link=topic=65997.msg530486#msg530486 date=1514229490]
Works like a dream on the iPhone with the safari browser. I

are you going to make this available for others to use at all? :slight_smile:

This brings up a question which you of all people can probably best answer for me, do you think there is much (enough) interest? Do you still get anyone asking about a non-Flash option to WDL, because if you do, I feel like it would be a shame not to make it available, at least in the long run! :slight_smile:

The main issue at this stage is that it is not very customisable. It’s very much what you see is what you get, and even issues such as the clientraw data files being indexed differently (not sure if this is possible, ideally every file would be the same, but I can imagine with different versions of WD this might not be the case :lol:) would need to be dealt with on a case by case basis (at this stage).

This is something that would be theoretically manageable, but I can also see how it would result in a lot of time and work, which (as a student) I’m not sure I could afford, in time or money :lol:

All that being said, I really do want to make this available, at the very least so those on devices without Flash can have something usable! I’ve put a lot of time and effort into this and, for me, it would be extremely gratifying to have people using it. :smiley:

As for the best way to go about this… I’m open to suggestions… :wink:

there is though already HTML5 non flash available that uses the clientraw data
i.e the steel gauges
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/gauges-ss.html
which works across devices
so was not sure if what you were doing was just for you own hobby etc or if you were intending to make it available for others to use (as the steel gauges are)
what you have now people could benefit now from I am sure :slight_smile:
(its harder to setup graphs etc with the steel gauges, where as you have done that already and what you have done looks more like WDL :slight_smile: )

it would be great if some how you could benefit from your hard work …but its hard to make it where people need to have registered/purchased it to make it work via javascript
but maybe make it donationware?

While originally it was just for myself, if there is interest (which it seems like there is at least some, judging by this thread), I would like to make it available for others to use. :slight_smile:

As I understand, the Steel Gauges is free (?), and as it is I’m not sure I could justify charging and money for what I have. However, if there is enough interest from people to have this publicly available, I can imagine I would need to devote a fair bit of time to making sure it works for people. Maybe I should take a leaf out of the book of open source developers, who ask for donations from those who like their product :-k

Ah I see you just beat me to what I was saying :lol:
JavaScript, as a client-side system, is indeed quite difficult to actually make people purchase. Well, technically it is impossible, but there are ways to somewhat work around that. That being said, I am a believer of the open source model, and that isn’t a road I’d want to go down in the first place!
In that regard, donationware, as you put it, might be a something I could get behind! :smiley:

the first step is to get to see if others can easily configure/setup it up OK
I could be your first guinea pig :slight_smile:

I can’t think of anyone better! :smiley:
What’s the easiest way we can discuss how to go about this? :slight_smile: