SFTP Protocol Outdated

Hi there,

I’m working on switching WeatherDisplay to SFTP because of a server move. The new server does not support regular FTP for security reasons.

When WD attempts to establish a connection, the server side reports the following error:

Dec 19 20:24:53 cyclone sshd[25583]: fatal: Unable to negotiate with {redacted} port 52131: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]

According to OpenSSH’s website, the protocol for authentication isn’t supported because it’s a legacy protocol. It can be enabled, but it opens a security hole that could be attacked in the future.

Is there a way to have WD updated to use a newer SFTP protocol versus what it’s using now?

Thanks,
Jared

you don’t say which version/build of WD you are using
that info should always be provided

I apologize. I should’ve known better.

• WD version: 10.37 Build 42 (didn’t update since the change log doesn’t report any SFTP changes)
  • Windows 10 64-bit

I would update first, using the full install, to get the latest ftp versions etc
so that then we are on the same page

Ahhhh… updating to the latest version resolved the issue. Sorry for wasting your time! I should have done that in the first place before posting.