zip build 61

Hi, I have downed the zip build 61 & installed it but after a short while WD tries to start again, see picture A, when I install it I get the splash screen come up see picture B ( I tick the top one ), I have now gone back to build 61 not the zip one & all is working OK. I’m using windows 7, also so I have WD set to delay start so I think it could be that what is causing it.

many thanks.

teal.

Hi, regarding B, this is normal when using the zip to update programs as you are just copying the files to the wdisplay directory so you will get windows asking if you want to overwrite the same files.

Regarding A - this is not WD trying to start again, but WD is trying to start the program to send data to Weather underground (cronwdwu.exe).
This also happens when you copy and replace programs from the zip. Any updated programs will result in Windows asking if you are sure you want to run the program as a security measure, and it will always ask each time the program runs unless you untick the box that says “always ask before opening this file” before clicking “run”.

The full install uses an installer program that overwrites files and registers programs so this does not happen.

Yes I see that now you have pointed it out, I did not read it. I will reinstall the zip & try again thanks for that.

teal.

Hi Martyn, many thanks for pointing that out that, all seems to be working now.

Cheers.

teal.

Forgot to say the webcam image is also uploading to WU.

thanks.

teal.