Looking for a WD setting / Resolved

I remember seeing a setting where WD will reboot itself automatically once a day.

I can’t seem to find it. Any help?

Rick

www.MohawkValleyWeather.com

control panel, ftp /internet setup, reboot times

Thanks Brian!

While we’re on the subject, I have WD setup to run as administrator, is that recommended?
If I were to set the software to reboot, will it get past the “do you want this program to make changes to this computer?” pop-up?

I’ve been having issues with the software hanging up now and again. This morning I turned on the monitor to see what was going on as the data had stopped uploading to WU. WD was idle and no data update there either. I restarted WD, clicked through the pop-up and all was working then.

you could use task scheduler to start WD (and as admin)
or turn off UAC in windows maybe
(I myself run WD not as admin on W10 at it works OK (make sure to install and run from c:\wdisplay if not running as admin)
I do have a youtube video about that
if WD was still responsive then it sounds like the VIS reader was not updating instead
make sure windows is not set to power down the USB (selective suspend). I have a youtube video on how to set that too

I will try it as a non-admin. It’s installed and running from d:\wdisplay. I figure as long as it’s in the root directory it’s still OK? If it continues to hang now and again I’ll consider setting up an auto restart of the software.

WD is only being used for the Davis and getting data from a weatherlinkIP. I have been running VIS reader simultaneously to update WU from my old Acurite. This morning when it was hung up I turned off the VIS reader and am waiting to see if things settle down.

I’ll have to look more closely at your videos. There are so many options and settings it has been a real learning curve ,and I’m at the bottom of the hill. I’m amazed at how much time can pass while I sit in front of my computer messing around with the software.