Weatherlink USB Data logger

Hopefully someone can assist and shed some light.

My Friend who did frequent here sadly passed away a few months back. He had a vantage vue setup. His wife is keeping the console but no longer transferring data to a pc.

She kindly donated me the usb data logger.

I am expecting my vantage vue in the next week or so to replace a no longer operating Oregon Scientific wmr968.

I see the datalogger is non volatile and stores previous data.

What I want to know is, if i set this datalogger up in my vantage vue, and connect this to WD which used to get data from the wmr968, will data previously stored by my friends logger be brought into my WD software ???

If so, can I stop this from happening as I do not want to get his data mixed up with my data.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Also, because my pc is on 24/7 do I need to change a setting somewhere so that the datalogger is sending the data in real time without delays.

yes, you can stop that
by either making sure the switch is off in the data logger setup , via control panel
or
set the time /date to get the data from as now, in the wdisplay.ini file, before starting up WD ( the ‘Davis download section’)

how old was his vantage vue?
there might be an issue with the ‘green dot’ data logger issue

I had heard about his passing, sorry to hear that

Hi Weather Display

Thank you for your quick response.

I also got his pc, but what I done is uninstalled the WD, reinstalled with my WD and restored setting back to registry, set up the vantage vue to same settings that John had them. So i am hoping with his setup, and datalogger driver files, that when I connect up all should work fine.

I saw the section where I can set it up to collect the data from a certain date and will once I get the station, change the date to the current date, so that once i reconnect and restart WD it should not pick anything up. Do I need to do that from the ini file or can I do it from the datalogger interface in WD before I connect the vantage vue to the pc

I take it I can then clear the datalogger and then from that point all should be good.

Not sure how old his vantage vue was as it was given to him by a friend who never managed to set it up.

Efffectively, I have his pc, took note of the settings for the vantage vue from his WD, uninstalled his WD, reinstalled and updated to latest version, restored my registry backup settings in WD, then changed the station setup to VV. With having his pc, the right drivers must be installed for the datalogger as it was operating with is setup.

yes you can set the date/time to get the data from in the data logger setup in WD

Thanks for your assistance Weather Display.

Been used to my ways with the wmr968 fr 13 years so switching over is an eye opener.

Anything else I potentially should be aware of ???

I cant wait to get up and running again I have had so many people upset they cant check the weather anymore.

Hi Weatherdisplay

Im pleased to say we are all up and running.

Everything went very smoothly with the data-logger and the link to the pc.

Only drawback is I lost a month of data from when WMR-968 was decommissioned and the new Vantage Vue up and running but I can live with that.

Just got to try and get the steel gauge setup now so in time I can decommission the flash WDL page.

Thank you for the assistance when I requested some help.

Bruce

good that it was all compatible (usb logger and console)