5 min data logger not downloading

Hi I have been away for 3 days and changed the data logger to 5 minute intervals. On returning WD doesn’t get the data from when switched off 2 days ago and starts off from the current time. Even the change over month end for November didn’t work

try setting the time/date to get the data from
in the wdisplay.ini settings file
(the Davis Download section)
or set the needed time/date under control panel, data logger setup
then restart WD
but is the time/date on the data logger set correctly?
also what shows under view, debug info?
(the more information you can provide, the better)

I didn’t set the time/ date to get data from within the wdisplay.ini as it failed before I had a chance to do this.
I did set the time / date under control panel , data logger setup to he date when it was switched off and this also didn’t work and just started from 1 or 2 minutes before starting up.
The time/data is 100% correctly set.
I eventually went action, import logfiles from other software, Davis.wlk log file import for November and December.
I didn’t look at the debug info at all, sorry.
What I have found Brian is that every year end when I’m on holiday and WD is off, the same thing happens when set to 10 or 15 min intervals.(usually from 28 December -8th January)
You have previously looked at this earlier in the year.
If it happens again then I will do a debug info the same time before importing from Davis.
I have got a backup of WD from 29th before I went away- do you need anything from this file?
Regards Ross

yes, I have tested 5 minute interval and it works OK here when I tested

Hi Brian, I am still having the same issue when starting up the next day after changing the data logger to 5 minute interval and attach the debug file.
The time etc is all 100%on station and computer.

Debug after starting up 24122017.txt (2.03 KB)

I wonder if the problem is related to your console firmware version (ie what is that?)

Hi Brian : it is attached

Console Firmware 25122017.JPG

I think that is one of the original firmware?
I wonder if that is the problem?
in your debug info
Davis VP Retrieving data from: day 23 month 12 year 2017
Retrieving data from: hour 23 minute 59
ask for time/date of record…
1 6 1
1 1 2
1 2 3
1 4 4
1 0 5
1 212 6
1 16 7
Sending OK…
***formating data
Time :08:45
Date :24/12/2017

WD is asking for day from
Davis VP Retrieving data from: day 23 month 12 year 2017
Retrieving data from: hour 23 minute 59

but the first data to show up that WD uses is not until

***formating data
Time :08:50
Date :24/12/2017

what if you try a 1 hour down time now as a test?

Ok will do

HI Brian, the latest after 1 hour down time and restarted with the 5 min interval on data logger.

Debug after off for 1 hour 25122017.txt (633 Bytes)

so one data record arrived…but then no more?

yes only one and nothing else. What I have done is extract and convert Dec data from weatherlink so the files etc are up to date and correct for December on WD. I have set the interval to 15 minutes and it seems to have worked for the following day getting all the data etc on starting up. I am away until the 8th so will only know after this if it has worked 100% on my return and will let you know.
It did seem that the 15 min interval worked fine but not the 5 minute one.

Hi Brian, I restarted WD after being away since 28th Dec and all seemed fine with getting the history data extraction from 28/12/2017 till 08/01/2018.On checking the logfiles 122017lg.txt they are correct but on the averages / extremes etc only shows till the 27th Dec 2017 and the annual rainfall etc is wrong as it wasn’t added .

so the 15 minute interval seems to work OK for you?
you can manually set/reset the rain totals after the new year change
re the av/ext, the problem could be that there is too many lines of data in the 122017lg.txt logfile
there is an online logfile checker somewhere which can check for that
once you correct that then convert that logfile to data file