WDliveapp failing suddenly after ~ 20 minutes

• WD version: 10.37S build61- Weather station type: Lacrosse WS-2310 PC operating system: Windows 7

Suddenly about a week ago I found that the WDLive App was stopping after about 20 minutes or so. No changes except the usual MS updates. If I rebooted system, it worked fine for 20 or so minutes than stopped updating. Weather Display itself is fine. I had been running Build 55 so I updated it to 61, same problem. I had about decided it wasn’t worth wasting time on but then thaught to check the Event Viewer in Windows 7 and this is what I found:

Faulting application name: WDsendtetherdata.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x570c6326
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94abb
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
Faulting process id: 0x390
Faulting application start time: 0x01d368853d6be62b
Faulting application path: C:\wdisplay\WDsendtetherdata.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Any idea what I might do to fix it would be appreciated.

its not WDliveapp (as that runs on your phone)
but its instead
WDsendtetherdata.exe
that is faulting
(which sends data to the phone app over your LAN)

if you check the modified date/time on that program , you will see that it has not changed since last year
so instead the problem might be related to something else, e,g a recent windows update?

Brian,

Thanks for the response, there were 2 updates on 11/15/17 Security update KB 4048957 and another, KB 2952664 which was not a security update. I’m uninstalling the second one to see if it fixes the problem. I figured it was a MS update problem but thought I’d post it just incase there was a simple fix.

Dave

Removed updates, problem continues so I will uninstall App.

but its nothing to do with the app
its the wdsendtether program
if you are not needing to be running that then you can stop that under setup, send tether data

My apologies, I was under the impression that program was sending the data. I have shut it off and I will see if the WDlive app still fails after 20 or so minutes. If it does, as I said, I’ll just uninstall the app from my mobile.

there seems to be confusion
you posted a fault report from the wdsendtether program
running on windows

which is not the wdliveapp, which runs on your phone

Sorry, I thought my original post was clear. Alive app failing to update after 20 minutes. I updated WD and made sure App was current and it still was so I tried to find a reason, all I found was the “event error” in Windows 7 I reported above, thinking it may be connected.
No need for you to spend any time more time on it, while I enjoyed using the app I see not many do and will just look at my web page instead.

what you will find is simply that android (if that is what you are using) puts the app to sleep after a period of time
the WDliveapp is not designed to be running all the time, its just designed to quickly see the latest live data

It was working fine on 4 Android devices, 2 tablets 2 phones since the app came out. Now it isn’t so something must have changed. Always changing, progress. LOL!

so what has changed?
did you update the version of the WDliveapp, or?

WDlive app auto updates so it is the most current. Other than that, usual W7 updates, which I uninstalled and it still stops. ISP is the same as is website. Just odd, I posted just in case someone else is having problems. I have to go so if you have any ideas I will check tomorrow.

its not related to windows version though
as it runs on your phone, the WDliveapp

do you have the WDliveapp set to get data from the clientraw.txt file from a URL, or?

http://www.lrweather.com/weather/clientraw.txt

is that clientraw.txt file still updating OK when the WDliveapp stops showing the latest data?
that is the sort of information that is needed

I will watch the process tomorrow and post what I find.

Okay Brian, I did my homework and hope this info helps.

This morning, I saw the Realtime Clientraw FTP Ver 9.9 was still showing on the taskbar, I opened it and saw that it had “disconnected” so I tried pressing “RESET” and it began again and the WDLive App began receiving data again. I watched the FTP files uploading and after w while 10-15 minutes it again stopped. I then “reset” it and copied the log to notepad after testing and it stopping a couple times. I made notes on the notepad file wen I reset so you could see all the data. The note about the “number at top” is the small “counter” at the top of that FTP Ver 9.9 window, did not know if were significant. I have also attached a GIF of my FTP settings as I figure that may be the next area to examine.

Dave

Hre’s the log file

FTP TESTNG.txt (57.1 KB)

try ticking to restart instead of re login
in the real time ftp settings in WD

Brian,

Didn’t work the firts time but I took down WD and rebooted the PC as well and it’s now been an Hour and it’s still running. Curious why it suddenly started doing it, maybe something on the Website provider end?

Anyway, thanks for helping run it down.

Have a great Christmas & Happy New Year,

Dave