Strange Temperature Flucuations

I am using Weather Display along with the Saratoga Templates and every once in a while my temperture goes way higher than what the actual temperature is. Last night my website was reporting a temperature of 50.1 degrees at 10:30 PM, actual temp was around 28. When I got up this morning, it was still at 50.1, but I noticed the console on my weather station was reading 25. I did not have a chance to check the weather display screen to see what it was reading, as it appears the readings are back to normal. This happened one other time when I was away and was corrected when I had returned.

I have a very old Davis Weather Monitor II and I thought that the sensor had finally failed, but am having second thoughts on that, since the console read the correct reading. Other than a wacky sensor, is there anything else that would cause this fluctuation in the software? The temperature stayed around 50.1 for about 10 hours.

Weather Display Ver 1037S59

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or thoughts.

John

its not all that clear, but do you mean that WD was reporting a reading of 50F (and also had that same reading as the max temp for the day)
I did make an improvement for the WMII in the latest update of WD

Brian,

The short answer is that WD reported a high temp of 51.1 for the day. That erroneous temp was reported from about 10:30 PM the night before until 09:10 the next morning and at 09:11 AM, the temp went back to 25.6, which I believe was the correct temp at that time. (Looking at the monthly history, this may have been the incorrect actual temp - see history comment below) During the night, it appears the temp fluctuated up and down, but never below 45 degrees, when the actual temp was well below that (High teens/low twenties). Looking at my history, it looks like it has done this a number of times and reverts to 25.6 degrees when it clears from the high reading. As reported in my first post, I believe the WMII console was showing the correct temp and not 50.1. Will have to wait for it to happen again to confirm.

I will upgrade to the latest version and see if that makes a difference. It is not a consistent problem, so hard to track down. Thanks for the response.

John

Follow up on my original question -

Problem continues. It took some time for the problem to appear again because the temperature had not gone down to the problem point. A little history - When the temperature goes below 25.6, the reading in WD goes up to 51.1 and then the temperature varies as the readings go below 25.6. At first I thought it was a sensor problem, but I do not believe it is, as my Weather Monitor II console is showing the correct outside temperature.

I did have a problem with squirrels chewing the wire to my sensor, but that just happened. Repairs have been made.

From my observations, it appears that WD is showing a reading 25 to 26 higher than the actual reading on the weather monitor II console and this starts to happen as the temperature reaches 25.6 degrees.

I have attached the daily log file for today that shows the problem.

Brian, you indicated that you had made some changes to the program in reference to Weather Monitor II. This problem started early November, but it may have been an issue prior to that since the temp had not gone down to 25.6. Right now my outside temperature is 20 degrees and WD is showing 46 degrees.

I realize that not very many people still have the Weather Monitor II and this may not be a problem if they are in a warmer climate.

Thanks for any suggestions. Let me know if you need any additional files.

John

dailylog.txt (47.2 KB)

I loaded up Virtual Weather Station software and get the correct temperature readings, so I would say that this is a definite glitch in the Weather Display software.

Problem resolved - Had to download the zip version of the download update. Working fine now.