1-wire reader & laser sensor

Rick,

I haven’t had any problems with LRTimelog dieing, as yet. I’ve been running it for over 24 hours. I am running version 2.6 of “cronlazersnow.exe”. Maybe you should download version 2.6 and see if that makes any difference.

're the letting dying
I could get the cronlazersnow to restart it if no data after specified time
@Bjorn,it’s ready to use now,latest .zip update of WD

Thanks Brian. We’ll give this update a whirl. This new snow stuff is miles ahead of the 1-wire method.

Rick

Brian

All is working Great here - thanks!

Cheers

MikeyM

Hi gentlemen.

Installed latest wd vers 61 today.
ticked use usb laser in wd setup.
Started cron lazer snow vers 2.6 in wd folder.
Fluke is found and set offset.
Snow level after offset 15,2 cm.
Cron snow set to messure every 60 sec for now, will put in 3600 sec later when now its working/shows in WD.
The fluke 414 setup is set to cm and continuesly.

So all working fine.

But only issue is snow dont change in wd input daily weather-snow.
How to make wd change read the snow? any thing i forgot to tick or turn on?
I also see dallas 1 wire is ticked, see photo.

Also use customout file for my web site, upload every houre, think this was thanks to mikeym :slight_smile:

Any help on issue is apreasiated.

Bjorn

Are you saying it’s not showing in “current snow depth” on the “input Daily weather” snow page? It should. The other numbers will only change when you have additional snowfall. Also I did notice that to get everything working correctly, after I did all the “new” snow setups, that I had to reboot the computer.

Cheers

:x-mas: :reindeer:

MikeyM

Bjorn, you would need to get a current snow level above your offset threshold (204 that you have set) for it to be counted to increase the snow in WD

Thanks aloot MikeyM, That restart did the trick :x-mas:
Som reverting and modifying to script and new customtextout2 set.
Working nicely. upload to web every houre.
An now fluke setup is so much easyer to setup :lol:

My snow site:
https://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wxflukesnow&wp=WD&lang=en

Only thing i notice is when wd/ cronlazersnow start up, no messurement is done strait after startup by the cronlazersnow.exe, not before after 1800 sec, as set in the cronlasersnow.exe.
Shuld it take one mesurement at startup?? no big deal.

Thanks to all involed to get this working. =D>

the first measurement is often a dud…and so it picks that up that it is a dud and ignores it

Bjorn

Like Brian said the first reading is erroneous data so he just disregards that reading which is exactly what needed to be done. With the old 1-wire system if you had the Dallas 1-wire reading running when you started LRTimelog you would also get an erroneous reading. This new system that Brian developed is REALLY working well.

Cheers and a Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

MikeyM

I spent some time with Bill at Front Range Weather http://www.frontrangeweather.net/index.php yesterday using Team Viewer and now Bill also has the new “cronlazersnow” program up and running. All we need now is some snow …

Same with me, also the light inside the fluke switch off after a some minuts or houres randomly. Wonder if its a windows 10 issue. Have connected on other pc and laptops using laser rangefinder demo lrdemo.exe with same result.

Hmmm, wonder if i shuld bye a MaxBotix sensor and connect, i see Brians WD have support.
Is Wd supporting this one Brian ? MB7354 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRS5 – MaxBotix

[quote author=Bj

I could add check for no data to restart the lrtimelog.exe
To reset the later…after xmas

Brian

Hope your Holiday was a good one.

We seem to be having a problem with WD correctly calculating the “snowfall” (snowtodayin. and snowtodaycm) for the first snowfall of the day. cronlazersnow and LRTimelog are showing the correct snow depths. "Snow depth (snownowin. and snownowcm) are correct. Hopefully the following screenshots will help explain it. Breezy is having the exact same problem. I’ll post a screenshot of his in a separate post.

Hopefully you are still on Holiday and can look at this later.

Cheers

MikeyM

Brian

Here’s Breezy’s screenshot - thanks

MikeyM

Brian,

I agree with Mike. I’m including the attached graph which also shows that on a different day the “snowtoday” increased when there was no snowfall. The snow depth graph (graph on top) is correct which shows “no” snowfall. For some strange reason the “snowtoday” is increasing when it shouldn’t. This usually occurs on the first snowfall of the day… Cronlazersnow and LRTimelog are both “correct”. Thank you for looking into this.

Same thing happening here snow of around 2 to 5 cm shows up usually between 0200 to 0500 when no snow has fallen. Also when I start WD, cronlazer and lrtimelog will start but won’t do any readings, just sits there for hours. The last problem is that when they take a reading they won’t stop, they just keep reading forever. We had over 30cm snow xmas day and the program was darn near useless I had to reboot a dozen times and edit customtextout.txt a bunch of times. Using cronlazer 2.6 and lrtimelog 1.1 Any other info you need that can help?

@charmed
the problem with lrtimelog.exe not getting any reading and needing to be restarted is something I can add to the cronlazer program

The last problem is that when they take a reading they won't stop, they just keep reading forever.
not sure what that means exactly can you explain in more detail?

@mikeym/breezy → breezy, do you have a midnight reset hour?
I think the problem is occuring after snow melt?

Hopefully you are still on Holiday and can look at this later.
i managed to get the weekend off (once a year event for me) and xmas day

vers 2.7
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfies/cronlazersnow.zip

will detect if no data in the expected period and so restart the LRTimeLog.exe program