1-wire reader & laser sensor

As a point of information Mike just advised me that he got his weather computer running with the “cronlazersnow” scripts by deleting the file"HID.dll". Tomorrow I will delete that file from my WD folder and see if I can load both “cronlazersnow” and “LRTimelog” when WD restarts. It started snowing here about 45 minutes ago and I got my first reading at 10:55 pm. I’m very pleased to advise that everything appears to be working as you designed. Once I got the laser sensor back online the problem with the ajax updates on my web page ceased.

I’m staying up for another 45 minutes to see the 11:55 pm update and off to bed. We’re supposed to get around 4" (10.16 cm.) during the night and tomorrow morning. This will be a good test for the new system.

Once again thank you very much for sticking with this project and all of the time that you put into it. Much appreciated! =D>

UPDATE: 12/12/17, 9:00 am (EST)

SUCCESS! The laser snow sensor worked flawlessly throughout the night recording correctly “new snow” and “snow depth”. The program which Brian has developed is accurate and a pleasure to operate. The program “cronlazersnow.exe” version 2.6 facilitates the setup/change process.

As reported last night I had to load “cronlazersnow” from my TEMP folder where I had copied the following three (3) files from the WD folder: cronlazersnow.exe, LRTimelog.exe and AtUsbHid.dll. It would not load when WD was activated. Brian noted that there was/were some file(s) that was/were interfering with the process. Mike suggested that it could be the “HID.dll” file located in the WD folder. This morning I deleted the HID.dll from the WD folder and now “cronlazersnow” and LRTimelog" start when WD is loaded. Perfect …

Brian, I would like to know what the function of the “HID.dll” file is and will it be included with future updates? This file messes with the proper startup of “cronlasersnow” and “LRTimelog” for my system setup.

I’m curious to know if the 2 Windows 10 users, Tom and Rick are running this new laser snow program successfully …

I’m running Windows 7 -64bit and currently WD 10.37S-b61.

Thanks very much Brian! All good things take some time … :lol:

Brian thanks for your efforts last night with Breezy! Removing the HID.dll from the weather computer WD subdirectory solved the problem where it would work when run from one subdirectory ( the one that was copied over from the test computer) but not the WD version running on my weather computer WD subdirectory. Now it’s running perfectly from the corrrect subdirectory.

Again THANKS for all your time and effort that you put into this Great update.

=D> :D/ :salute:

:reindeer: :x-mas:

Cheers

MikeyM

the hid.dll file is not in the WD install files (it might have been a long time ago)

Because you asked for the VID and PID to the laser sensor are the scripts that you sent me specific for my use alone?

no, not all
I was just trying to find out why your sensor was not being found
but that turned out to be that hid.dll file

This is werry good news Brian, you are deff a superstar :lol:
also thanks to all involved. =D>

Brian.
When will this be included in the official weather display?
Then i will start using my fluke again :lol:

Anyone else having a problem with LRTimeLog dieing on them. It runs anywhere from minutes to hours but eventually dies. Cron Lazer Snow vers 2.5 keeps running but of course does nothing with no input. When it is running everything works very well.

rick

Rick,

I haven’t had any problems with LRTimelog dieing, as yet. I’ve been running it for over 24 hours. I am running version 2.6 of “cronlazersnow.exe”. Maybe you should download version 2.6 and see if that makes any difference.

're the letting dying
I could get the cronlazersnow to restart it if no data after specified time
@Bjorn,it’s ready to use now,latest .zip update of WD

Thanks Brian. We’ll give this update a whirl. This new snow stuff is miles ahead of the 1-wire method.

Rick

Brian

All is working Great here - thanks!

Cheers

MikeyM

Hi gentlemen.

Installed latest wd vers 61 today.
ticked use usb laser in wd setup.
Started cron lazer snow vers 2.6 in wd folder.
Fluke is found and set offset.
Snow level after offset 15,2 cm.
Cron snow set to messure every 60 sec for now, will put in 3600 sec later when now its working/shows in WD.
The fluke 414 setup is set to cm and continuesly.

So all working fine.

But only issue is snow dont change in wd input daily weather-snow.
How to make wd change read the snow? any thing i forgot to tick or turn on?
I also see dallas 1 wire is ticked, see photo.

Also use customout file for my web site, upload every houre, think this was thanks to mikeym :slight_smile:

Any help on issue is apreasiated.

Bjorn

Are you saying it’s not showing in “current snow depth” on the “input Daily weather” snow page? It should. The other numbers will only change when you have additional snowfall. Also I did notice that to get everything working correctly, after I did all the “new” snow setups, that I had to reboot the computer.

Cheers

:x-mas: :reindeer:

MikeyM

Bjorn, you would need to get a current snow level above your offset threshold (204 that you have set) for it to be counted to increase the snow in WD

Thanks aloot MikeyM, That restart did the trick :x-mas:
Som reverting and modifying to script and new customtextout2 set.
Working nicely. upload to web every houre.
An now fluke setup is so much easyer to setup :lol:

My snow site:
https://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wxflukesnow&wp=WD&lang=en

Only thing i notice is when wd/ cronlazersnow start up, no messurement is done strait after startup by the cronlazersnow.exe, not before after 1800 sec, as set in the cronlasersnow.exe.
Shuld it take one mesurement at startup?? no big deal.

Thanks to all involed to get this working. =D>

the first measurement is often a dud…and so it picks that up that it is a dud and ignores it

Bjorn

Like Brian said the first reading is erroneous data so he just disregards that reading which is exactly what needed to be done. With the old 1-wire system if you had the Dallas 1-wire reading running when you started LRTimelog you would also get an erroneous reading. This new system that Brian developed is REALLY working well.

Cheers and a Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

MikeyM

I spent some time with Bill at Front Range Weather http://www.frontrangeweather.net/index.php yesterday using Team Viewer and now Bill also has the new “cronlazersnow” program up and running. All we need now is some snow …

Same with me, also the light inside the fluke switch off after a some minuts or houres randomly. Wonder if its a windows 10 issue. Have connected on other pc and laptops using laser rangefinder demo lrdemo.exe with same result.

Hmmm, wonder if i shuld bye a MaxBotix sensor and connect, i see Brians WD have support.
Is Wd supporting this one Brian ? MB7354 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRS5 – MaxBotix