1-wire reader & laser sensor

I do not know how to find the hex value of the PID and VID using windows device manager.

I apologize for my ignorance.

Also please be aware something has changed in your website’s security certificate.

The connection warning I received is attached and it is occurring no matter where I log in and despite using multiple platforms.

Thanks.

yes, I know about the forum certificate error
I am not the forum admin, so I can not help with that, sorry

re vid/pid hex
simply run windows device manager, then see the usb/hid devices, find your device (the lazer sensor) and it should show the vid/hid values there (properties)

I am including two devices as supposedly the Fluke 414D may be recognized as a keyboard in the Dallas1wire…I am not certain I am giving you the correct devices.

Found under HID device:

Device HID\VID_0417&PID_DD03&MI_00\9&14cb3d3&0&0000 was configured.

Driver Name: input.inf

Class Guid: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.14393.82

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Section: HID_Raw_Inst.NT

Driver Rank: 0xFF1004

Matching Device Id: HID_DEVICE_UPR:FF00-FFFF

Outranked Drivers: input.inf:HID_DEVICE:00FF1005

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\VID_0417&PID_DD03&MI_00\8&27c7df8b&0&0000

Found under Keyboard:
Device HID\VID_0417&PID_DD03&MI_01\9&280bb056&0&0000 was configured.

Driver Name: keyboard.inf

Class Guid: {4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.14393.0

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Section: HID_Keyboard_Inst.NT

Driver Rank: 0xFF1003

Matching Device Id: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD

Outranked Drivers: input.inf:HID_DEVICE:00FF1005

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\VID_0417&PID_DD03&MI_01\8&27c7df8b&0&0001

good oh
try a new update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/cronlazersnow.zip

I took photos of the Device Manager window before and after unplugging the Fluke 414D (with the TrippLite active USB cable extension)

See before (9099) and after (9100) photos if that helps

see my message above about a new test version to test

No logging is taking place in the chronlazersnow app window

This may be an issue of me sending the incorrect device info…but thanks so much for your patience and trying

you have sent the correct info
does it say connected?
it might be that I need to send a command to get it to log
it might be that you need to run the software that comes with it at the same time
(try doing that with the dallas1wirereader program)

Bad news…

The LR Demo Program runs but there’s no data being measured…even after a complete system restart & unplug/plug USB

Cron Lazer Snow shows nothing…

UPDATE:

I got my usual setup going again…give me a few minutes to try the cron program again

Cronlazersnow still is not logging or sending any message regarding connecting…by the way in the US laser is with an “s” not “z”

Thanks for your efforts

Would downloading the free LRSimple program from porcupinelabs.com …that I can verify is logging… help you?

try running dallas1wirereader with the software that comes with the station running at the same time (start that first)

Sorry…

No data flowing to 1-wirereader or new cronlazersnow as data is being logged by the LR4sample programs

the best thing is I need the hardware here

try another cronlazer snow download (same url)…and see if it at least connects to the hid device now

I tried the latest and it shows lazer snow connected twice. The left panel shows the word data numerous times. I’m guessing that is what you want to see. I just used lrdemo.exe and cronlazersnow.exe not the 1-wire. Off to bed we’ll see where you are in the morning.

Rick

good news…if it says data…then its working (I have not processed the data yet, just acknowledged that data is arriving)

another update ready…same url…see if it shows data now

After I start the laser measure, then unzip your cron app, then it shows the following…screen shot

However, if I quit and try again…no luck

try another update
will say vers 1.1 now across the top
it should show the data now