1-wire reader & laser sensor

maybe needs the dallas 1 wire driver installed (and then once that is installed, select the default port for that in the driver setup)
or try selecting /setting up the port in the 1 wire setup in the dallas 1 wire driver section?

This was done without solving the problem.

Thanks for any additional suggestions.

W10 may be the issue.

screen shot?

I have sent 6 screen shots to [email protected] & MikeyM

Attached are 2 Dallas1wirereader.exe v5.7 screenshots

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

Maybe a typo in your post but it’s [email protected] with a hyphen.

Hi.
I have been using the fluke 414 and wd dallas for 3 years in wintertime.
But since last year the dallas 1-wire has not been stabil over long time or windows 10 regonize the fluke as not fluke but a keyboard, plug usb in out somtimes fix this.
Also tryed fluke readings one time an houre, but same issue dallas stoped working for reason unknown.
So i stoped using this feature in wd.

But hopefully somone can sort things out.

See photo, you also need to have this ticked “on”.

I have attached two screenshots of my Dallas1wirereader.exe app. v 5.7

It is running under Windows 10

Not sure how to troubleshoot the Keyboard issue you identified and whether I even have that problem.

All snow parameters are checked in WD

I can receive a daily one-time snow measurement by manually either directly or by remoting-in to my HP Laptop and running a manual measurement using porcupinelabs LR4 apps. Automatic flow of data just is not occurring at all using Dallas1wireader.exe & WD.

Appreciate you trying to help.

I downloaded my 64-bit 1wirereader driver from here:

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/ibutton/software/tmex/download_drivers.cfm

@schwab
try
find the installed 1 wire driver dll files
IB97E32.dll
and copy to where you have WD installed
but the issue might be that you have installed 64 bit 1 wire drivers when only 32 bit driver needed
see if you can install the 32 bit dallas 1 wire drivers instead

the problem is I lost the code for the WD 1 wire program in a hard drive crash

I found the file you suggested and attached a screen shot of its location on my PC

Also…this is a site that may help? It is where I downloaded the 64-bit driver

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/ibutton/software/tmex/download_drivers.cfm

Thanks…

UPDATE:

I tried to download the 32-bit one-wire driver from this site

but this failed because an applet popped-up and recognizes my PC running 64-bit Windows 10 and locks me out of downloading a 32-bit version.

Ideas?

try then deleting the 1 wire IB *.dll files from where WD is installed

Which of the files in the attached screen shot of my search shall I delete?

Thanks

not those ones
the IB *.dll files from where WD is installed
(see my post)
not in the wow64 directory
but in the c:\wdisplay directory

i.e the IB97E32.dll and other IB (other name after that) dll files

OR
you can try deleting those IB dll files in the windows system folder and keep the ones in the WD folder

in your email it seems that the error you were getting about the port/driver in the WD 1 wire reader program is now gone, yes?
that is a step in the right direction

i think you now need to have set in WD, under control panel, com port setup, dallas 1 wire, set there. I want to use a 1 wire device.

in one of your screen shots of the WD 1 wire reader, it shows that WD is picking up the HID OK

This link to a technical article may be helpful to developers of the current dallas1wirereader.exe program and others with possible driver issues.

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app-notes/index.mvp/id/1740

does that mean you got it to work?

No. It is not working.

Not working how exactly
Any error message now?
The more info you can provide the better
Saying it does not work does not help

Hi.
You also need to tick “enable to calculate current snow depth” in the dallas 1 wire reader vers 5.7, as i remembered.
this for auto reading, from, also try set lr4 program to every 10 sec only for test.

Also when it worked for me no dallas driver was nessesary to install.

Good luck.

See also some info here: