Indoor & Outdoor air enthalpy

Could we have WD report indoor and outdoor air enthalpy? Is there a way that one can enter a complicated function into WD and have the result reported? Or could a tag be created that reports enthalpy.
Using the difference between the two one can decide whether to open the windows or run the air conditioning. I’d also like to see how the enthalpy effects comfort. #-o
Jim

do you have any formulas?

I thought you had done something with indoor/outdoor temp difference before, but I don’t find a tag or the thread on here :?

Enthalpy in wikipedia.

I don’t think WD can work out the energy of a system

That was my reaction after reading up on enthalpy :frowning:

Thanks to all who have tried to help. I found this for having Excel calculate an approximate enthalpy. I have it entered in a spread sheet. I have WD sending current indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity to my own website. The spreadsheet scraps the indoor and outdoor temp and humidity from the website and calculates the entropy.
Here is the article I found on the internet:
temperature and relative humidity.

By Engineer Joe, www.mrexcel.com
View Original
July 29th, 2015

This isn't actually a question. I worked for a while to come up with a feasible formula working between 0 and 100

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll work through that after breakfast and a few coffees…

Do you have a website? If so you could easily calculate/display that with a small .php program which would get the data from the clientraw.txt file.

it looks similar to the heat index formula at first glance

Watch out for Excel’s order of operations :wink:

Do you have a working link to the mrexcel article? I couldn’t find enthalpy, entropy, or temperature and relative humidity in the search on that site :frowning:

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/871843-excel-formula-calculating-airs-enthalpy-dry-bulb-temperature-relative-humidity.html

Thanks Murry :smiley: