Webpage not updating

Just getting started with my own webpage. Using the saratoga template with weather display. At around 100 seconds it will pause and not update until you click something on the page or just reload it. Gone over the setup with WD numerous times on the saratoga website and don’t see anything that I have missed. Any ideas?

Thanks
John

If you need help with a webpage it’s a good idea to provide a link to it.

There is a setting in the template, in ajaxWDwx.js to limit the length of time a visitor can camp on the page. Look at:

var maxupdates = 12;	         // Maxium Number of updates allowed (set to zero for unlimited)
                             // maxupdates * reloadTime / 1000 = number of seconds to update

and set as you wish.

Thanks Niko man do I have a lot to learn. I will also remember to link.

John

Hi Niko could you tell me what the value of the line before the maxium number of updates was. Between myself and a friend I believe we modified the wrong line.
This is what we have: // – begin settings --------------------------------------------------------------------------
var flashcolor = ‘#00CC00’; // color to flash for changed observations RGB
var flashtime = 2000; // miliseconds to keep flash color on (2000 = 2 seconds);
var reloadTime = 10000; // reload AJAX conditions every 5 seconds (= 5000 ms)
var maxupdates = 0;
//var maxupdates = 12; // Maxium Number of updates allowed (set to zero for unlimited) a01
// maxupdates * reloadTime / 1000 = number of seconds to update
var clientrawFile = ‘clientraw.txt’; // location of clientraw.txt relative to this page on website
We no longer are getting any updates to the web site. Gotta pay attention
Thanks
John

It would help to have a URL for your website that is showing the problem… hard to diagnose based on descriptions alone.

http://www.madrussianweather.com/

We were trying to keep the web site from pausing Niko suggested changing: // Maxium Number of updates allowed (set to zero for unlimited) problem is I believe we changed the line before this one and now our update is stuck on 9:43

If you check http://www.madrussianweather.com/wxstatus.php you’ll see that both the testtags.php and clientraw.txt are not being updated on the website, and that is why the time is ‘stuck’. Fix the upload issue and your mod to the ajaxWDwx.js script will likely work fine.

Thanks for the help it was a misspelling of the ftp server duh

John