FTP not uploading all files to proper directories?

Greetings -

I’ve got a WD setup on a Server 2016 VM pulling data from a VP2, and then FTPing it to an Ubuntu VM runing nginx from where I serve https://www.seattleweather.org from. Generally, everything works okay, except I was wanting some of the files to go to different directories in the FTP root. So I set it up in the custom files creation and uploads, however it seems that not all of the files are going where I’d like them to. For example, I have File #12 (dirplot.gif) configured to go to /graphs but it goes to the root - oddly enough dirplotspd.gif goes there properly. I also configured the 24-48-72 hour graph files to go to /graphs and they’re behaving as expected. I would also prefer to send the daily GIF graphs and the historical .htm files to \historical\graphs and historical\history\ if possible, otherwise just \historical would be fine.

I’ve been able to find a workaround for dirplot.gif, as I have my site template (Saratoga Template) set to look for graphs in \graphs, so I just made a symlink to \graphs for dirplot.gif

There’s a plethora of settings, and I think I may have just gotten one wrong, or in troubleshooting may have made some bad decisions. #-o Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

–Chris

it might be a bug, and so I will do a test
personally I can not think of any reason to do what you are doing other than it might look tidier to you
the computer will not care what it looks like
all you are doing is adding another complication and something to fail (i.e the change directory back and forth) and which all takes longer, etc

but that is just my opinion

You’re right. Keep it simple, right?

The only things I really wanted to separate out were the daily gifs and the daily htm files as those keep getting added. The rest just update the existing files, which is fine.

In any event, I reconfigured everything to go to the FTP root (for simplicity’s sake), and just made a symlink to that folder for the template to use and updated the appropriate files and all is well. If you do happen to find that it’s a bug, I’ll be interested in sorting those files out the daily files to another subdirectory.

Thanks,

–Chris