Running WD for Linux in headless configuration

Ok it

I actually wanted to turn it OFF to preserve the logged data for when I reconnect the Davis to my Windows PC.

I found that I could select the Off position after about 3 clicks by the left side of the slider control, Save/Exit and data logging was disabled, but if I went into that screen again to check, it reset to On before I could do anything.

the latest version of WD linux ,build 292, might now work via the GDK broadway

It’s certainly a lot better than before. There are no GTK error messages upon loading WD under Broadway.

The screen display shows up on my Windows PC, however the mouse doesn’t do anything except move the pointer, so no menus can be selected.

BrianF7408: How does this latest version work for you now?

I

I think there is some confusion over versions
GrantK is refering to weatherdisplay now runs via the GTK Broadway (latest version)
and then
brianf7408 is refering to the westherdisplayclient updating

Just to clarify my circumstances:

Weatherdisplay 64bit GUI - I switched over to this from the old 32 bit version and am very pleased. No issues

Weatherdisplayclient - couldn

yes
but
weatherdisplay now works with GTK broadway (latest update)

Ah I didn

why would you have the data not updating problem?

Just because that

but we are not talking about weatherdisplayclient here

I got that. Your saying the latest build of the 64bit GUI works with gtk broadway. I

yes it does
that has been confirmed
the fix was easy in the end
I was not having the latest version of a .so file included in the install files

Ok the data is updating as well as the graphs. Looks good. Are the menus supposed to work?

the problem is I think you will find is that the screens are opening behind the main screen

Ok, good to know.

For the first time I have graphs updating in WD Client, running under Broadway. The debug window works and I can exit from the web browser session.

Exciting stuff, many thanks Brian :lol:

Here is a simplified set of instructions for anyone else who wants to try WD Client:

1. In Ubuntu, open a terminal window and type in: sudo broadwayd :5

2. Then in another terminal window, where WD Client is, type in: sudo GDK_BACKEND=broadway BROADWAY_DISPLAY=:5 ./weatherdisplayclient

3. Then open a browser window and point to: http://127.0.0.1:8085

Note that you do need to have web sockets available in that browser (if using chrome then google how to make sure that is enabled).
If using another PC on your LAN to view the Broadway session, replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of your PC running WD Client.

O yeah, it works for me too, and it does update.