Problem loading consolewd on Raspberry Pi 3

I have tried many times to get this software loaded on my Raspberry Pi 3. I have made sure I have loaded the correct version and got the file extracted. It is in my home directory and when I change to the consolewdfiles directory I can see the GoWdconsole.sh file.

I then went to the config file and filled out the settings. When I go to the /home/pi/consolewdfiles/ and enter sudo ./GoWdconsole.sh I get a command not found message. If I try not using sudo I get a permission denied message.

Can anyone help me with this as I am sure its very simple I just haven’t figured it out yet.

Thanks

Dennis

are you sure you are using the correct version?
what version have you downloaded?

I think I did. I downloaded consolewd64.tar.gz

Please let me know if this isn’t the right file.

Dennis

that should be it
what is you run
sudo ./consolewd
in the terminal

if I run the sudo ./consolewd command I get the following error message. >/consolewd: error while loading shared libraries: libcom.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

Dennis

OK
that’s a good sign
easy to fix
cd /Deploy/
change to the deploy folder
then issue
sudo cp . /usr/lib/
sudo cp . /usr/local/lib/

then run sudo ./consolewd

That made it start to work. It’s running script and I assume it will continue until I run different command. It is reporting the correct temp, wind speed and humidity. Do I now run the ./GoWdconsole.sh command to get to the console. I tried that command GoWdconsole.sh in the consolewdfiles directory and it gave me command not found.

The script runs but I can’t get the GoWdconsole.sh command to run.

More help please. It is almost there.

Dennis

you do not need to use the Goweather.sh
that just tries to launch it and set the path to the library files and set permissions

the way I have set out to do is OK
the copying the library files is one time thing
i.e so to start it next time, just use the ./consolewd

to exit , use ctrl c together on your keyboard
otherwise let it run
to change settings though in the config.txt, you will need to restart it after changing those settings

So what you are saying is that the script is the only thing that runs and it in turns sends the information to Weather Underground Etc. There is no console to look at that displays the temp etc. like the weather display I have on my windows computer. The only way that I would know the data would be to search the script.

Dennis

when you say script
do you mean the console window?

I could create a program (graphical windows x based) that shows you the current data
(I did have one I am sure, might have been for the raspberry pi 1…I will investigate)

What I am saying is that all I can see is the script that is scrolling down the terminal screen. You have to read it as it is scrolling. I would have thought there would have been a console screen that displays what is being reported. Something similar to the screen on my Weather Display windows software, that’s stationary.

Dennis

I could create a program (graphical windows x based) that shows you the current data

It is not necessary to do that for me. I plan on using it headless anyway. I just thought it would be handy for auditing the data before sending it to Weather Underground etc.

One more question please. I have increased the size of my rain gauge from 4" to 8" to get it to report it in .01" increments. In doing this I had to put in an offset of .258. Can this be done in the configuration file and if so how do I do it.

Thanks for all your help.

Dennis

I would need to add this so that it could be added via the config file

Don’t worry about it right now. I’m not sure yet which way I’m will end up going. Is this the only version that will run on raspberry pi 3 or is there a more complete version that I can run.

Thanks for all your help Brian.

Dennsi

only version
(but consolewd can do a surprising a lot)

I have managed to get a Gui version of consolewd created and uploaded now for the raspberry pi 3
just run where consolewd is and make sure consolewd is set to create a clientraw.txt file
unzip:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdpi.bz2

I will give it a try today and let you know how I come out.

Thanks

Dennis

and I can add the rain offset if you want

I guess I don’t know how to execute the wdpi file. If I can get this running I would like to get the rain amount setup. The only other question I have can this be set up to report to weather underground quicker than every five minutes.

Dennis