Wind Dial Scale

Now that I have my station running on the MAC version(with reports :slight_smile: ) I’m now turning to cosmetic things. Is it possible to use auto scale on the dial? At the moment it shows 0 - 100. When WD first starts it shows 0 -50 but once data starts flowing it goes to 0 -100. Pic included

Wind Dial.png

what wind unit are you using?
you can set a manual max scale setting

All fixed. Its a setting I never looked at but I found it and now its ok

Thumb Up

I have not found the setting to adjust the scale on the wind dial - I have tried adjusting the manual scale setup and also tried the auto set. I must be in the wrong spot. The max gust speed is outside of the scale so I was hoping to make that adjustment.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 6.19.05 PM.png

I think this is related to the same issues you have been having
try reselecting the mph option in the units setup

I switched the mph to kts, and then back to mph and it did not change the scale. I then changed it to kmh and the scale went to 100. Switched back to mph and it returned to 24 mph for the top end of the scale.

is the max gust pointer now though working like it should be?
(when it was not before)

I have made a change in how the units are detected for the next update…there is something strange about your setup

Yes, the max gust pointer does work ok now. Thank you.

This is the setting you need to change to set the scale. It worked for me

Ah yes, I looked right by that setting. Made the adjustment and it worked just fine.

Thank you!

try another update (with out the manual adjustment)

So what does changing this value to 50 mean please

Running the new update, build 294 without the manual setting - placed that back to zero. At the moment I do not see any change, the max value on the wind dial scale is at 24. I have not had a gust higher than 24 today, should I expect to see the scale increase if the wind exceeds 24 mph? Or should I see something different now.

yes it should auto increase

And it does auto scale…thanks Brian!