Problems keeping Weather Display from crashing

I have not done a thing to the computer in over a year and today I have seen that WD crashed and here is some info about my setup

its running on Windows 7 Pro with a Pentium Dual core CPU 3.20 Ghz I have 8GB of ram on the computer and the Weather display is 10.37S60. Its plugged into a Davis serial connection plug.

after WD crashed there is a log on what went wrong. I am going to put that on this thread also. If someone needs more info about what happend please tell me were I can find it

Application Name: WeatherDisplay.exe
Application Version: 1.40.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5a0dea56
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e98d
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 139f1704
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e98d
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 6eab
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

that is some sort of memory error
maybe try rebooting the pc to clear things out

I did reboot it a lot of times. was keeping crashing. So I moved the directory to an extra computer that I have. It was doing it on that one also. Till I removed all the saved data files that are in the datafiles directory. now it is working on the extra computer that I have. But that one now has no saved data.

it could be a web file
e.g a web cam image that you using, e.g for the main screen icon

that is where I would start looking…

My main screen is all default. nothing has been edited on it.

I have been testing the system for the last few days by deleted data files little by little. But now WD just closes out without saying why…

Might just have to reset it and start over…

don’t do that
instead .zip and email me your settings files (see the FAQ for how)
and any custom web files templates used from the web files folder and the current data files (i.e with this month/year as part of the data file)
so that I can see if I can duplicate the problem here

Ok, Thank you. I will do it right now.

I did a test run of WD here with the settings you sent
it was OK
but I was also needing other files (see my post prior)
also have you tried testing with say the main internet switch off?

looking around in the webfiles folder I am seeing some text files like this:

The data is logged at two minute intervals, but there is data recorded every minute.

Use the RELOAD facility on your browser to retrieve the latest data. Click here for a daily update of the averages/extremes to date for the month Created by "Weather Display" software version 10.37S at this start time/date 5:18:29 PM 11/17/2017

(That was what was in the file)

Is that the things you are looking for?

if you could just .zip and email me the whole webfiles folder then maybe (and the data files folder…maybe even upload those zip files to your web site so I can download from a link as might be too big)
I have to head out now though and help my daughter shift out after her uni year has finished

No problem. I will PM you when I upload them.

Thanks for the help

Any news?

Sorry for the delay being working 7 days a week 12 hours a day so I have not had much for free time.

I don’t know what made Weather Display crash before because after I did what you said in the last message or two ago it has not crashed. So I will have to say it must have been a bug on my end or something?

Thanks for the help.