Nest Thermostat - Custom Tags

Does anyone know the custom tags for displaying Nest Thermostat temperature and humidity?

there is none currently
but I could add

I am assuming you have it working in WD, where you have your nest thermostat set to be the indoor temp/hum for WD?
if so, then the normal indoor temp/hum have custom tags
or did you want it where you could select the nest thermostat to be an extra temp/hum sensors? (ie not used as indoor temp/hum? …I could add that option …then the extra temp 1 temp/hum custom tags could be used)

Ow wow what a brilliant feature, I didn’t realize it was in there. Thumbs up :smiley:

I think it would be great to have custom tags for the Nest Thermostat data. Could this work with multiple Thermostats in an installation?

What does WD do witt the Nest Thermostat enabled but the ‘Use for indoor temp/hum data’ unchecked?

What does WD do witt the Nest Thermostat enabled but the 'Use for indoor temp/hum data' unchecked?
currently nothing i.e they both need to be set but see my idea above about how could add option to use as extra temp/hum sensor

It would be great to add them as an extra temp/humidity sensor.

I currently have it set to use the Nest Thermostat but the temperature and humidity readings keep defaulting back to my Acurite sensor temperature and humidity. The Nest readings will pop-up for a brief moment right after I select the option but then the readings go back to the Acurite ones. I’m guessing there must be a conflict with the two trying to use the the main temp/hum tags.

Let me know if you can make it happen. Maybe call them NestTemp and NestHum as tags.

Thanks

I had not made it where they would override the acurite indoor temp/hum
but I can do that
is that what you need?

I would rather have the Nest readings as separate outputs that I can add as custom tags.

have added option to use as extra temp1/extra hum1 now to the latest .zip update (and so you can use the existing extra temp1/extra hum1 custom tags)

Yeah I like that idea too. Would it be possible to access multiple Nest Thermostats in the same home?

have added option to use as extra temp1/extra hum1 now to the latest .zip update (and so you can use the existing extra temp1/extra hum1 custom tags)

The custom tag for the nest temperature works ( %extratemp1% ) but the custom tag for humidity does not ( %extrahum1% ). Is there something I’m doing wrong?

I’m using the custom tags under the Extra/Misc/Custom Screen Settings. I then used them in the Custom Labels and Custom Tags section.

I looked at the tags list and used this one - %generalextrahum1%

I now have the Nest Humidity reporting.

:smiley:

Thanks for your hard work!

yes, that one will work (the other one is for an oregan scientific station
I guess it could be possible for WD to support other Nest thermostats (i,e as other extra temp/hum sensors)
I would need access to someone with more than one to test/support that

Yes I can help with that, I have two Nest Thermostats (upstairs and downstairs zones).

I would need to your access info to get that data (email me that)

Access to what info?

your nest sign in email and password
i.e that info you had to enter when you clicked on get Pin in the setup in WD

I have setup a second login linked to my Nest account that i have emailed you the details. Note that I originally configured WD access to my Nest account using my original account - if this is a problem I can try updating it.

this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip
should pick up an extra thermostat as extra temp/hum data in WD