working IP cam, not working in WD

No luck with version 10.28 here on my Amcrest IP webcam.

need more information other than does not work

what I could do instead
is
use a HTTP download of the image from the URL you enter
and then load that file into the program

OK,that does work, I can get the picture (from Dan’s port forwarded cam) to be downloaded via http get

Initially it wouldn’t connect to the cam. I just ran it again to grab the preview text and it connected to the cam this time.

What I am now seeing in the preview text window says it is grabbing an image. But, the image displayed in webcam capture is not changing from the initial image grab, and the save file is not updating on my harddrive. Other than the static image being displayed it appears that version 10.28 is running along happily even though no image update is occuring.

i have added option to use a separate cron program (crongetipcam) to try and download the image
try that
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip

Got one image, then nothing. Windows Defender complained and I tried to give the cron program an exclusion but not sure how/where to make sure. Defender isn’t real friendly about how to do it…any ideas?

it does not always get an image…some it fails
how long did you leave it running?

re the normal way, and it then no updating. what id you click on set then start in the first tab (connections)

It’s still running here…

I started up webcam exe and ticked to use cron method. Shutdown web cam exe and restarted it…it gave me a popup from defender so I clicked add exclusion. I see the cron icon popup in the task bar but it closes before I can open it to see whats going on with it.

add: It is grabbing an image occasionally…

add2: Do you have the cron program logging anyplace? I think it’s showing an error but it disappears before I can read it…

I was getting an error at times too
( I know what the error is but I do not know why the error)
but then it would also some times actually get an image too

I suspect that digest authorization is whats causing problems. This is my 2nd IP3M-943 Amcrest. My first one is older and works fine. The 2nd is newer with updated firmware where they implemented this digest auth scheme and really made a mess of a nice product.

Can digest auth not be implemented in WD?

I am done trying to help you Brian…I ask one simple question and you get pissed off and give me the cold shoulder…

I did not see see your question,sorry

Not sure what you asking exactly…Can u be more specific ?
I do see where another use has this new webcamcapture
Working ok,and not using the cron method

I thought you were going to implement digest authorization in WD. The cron method being used now is not 100% reliable.

Not sure where I Said that
I Don’t even know what digest authorization is?

Digest Auth is a more secure way to connect to a server. Instead of sending something like http://[username]:[password]@192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/video.mp4 what happens in digest auth is when the client attempts to connect to the server, the server generates a 404 error AND sends the client a “key” code. When the client receives the “key”, the client generates a unique MD5 hash (with the “key” and the password). The password is never sent in clear text, and the server decrypts the hash to verify it came from the client AND has the correct password to access the server.

Thats about all I know so far, but there is plenty of reference material available via google on how to implement digest auth and the RFC that contains all the specifics.

there is another user who has the latest wdwebcamcapture working with an IP cam (and not using the new cron method) OK
so that is something at least

I have my newer cam working with other software using rtsp: instead of http:

Could that be enabled in WDWebcam?

The URL in use is: rtsp://10.0.1.206/

The other setting I use is “force tcp” and I include the login username and password in the setup. I do not know exactly how the software is negotiating the connection.